Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Treme (New HBO Series from the Creator of The Wire)

StillUnknown

this show debuts tonight at 10pm following The Pacific. so far its getting great reviews:

http://insidetv.aol.com/2010/04/08/treme-reviews/

The Washington Post: "So is it good? Yes, it's quite good. Sunday's episode is nearly flawless and a textbook example of how to launch an ensemble saga that may eventually embroider itself into a haunting tapestry. Will it be as good as 'The Wire'? Three episodes in, I'm willing to say 'Treme' (the title is two syllables; it rhymes with away) has the potential to be better than 'The Wire.' It's suffused with characters and an amazingly crafted musical and ethereal texture that is as lovely and depressing as New Orleans itself."
Entertainment Weekly: "Hoo boy, are you going to have fun watching this. It bursts with great rhythm & blues, funk, and jazz music ... 'Treme' explodes with pleasure. And pain. Without becoming a pious bummer, the show never lets you forget the unending tragedy in New Orleans. ... The artistic achievement of 'Treme' is that it blends bluntness with the nuances of gorgeous music."

at this point i'll give anything David Simon puts his name on a chance. looking forward to this show.

I kinda felt the same way, but after half an hour I switched off. I"ll try to finiish the ep, but it certainly didn't hold me right off the bat like The Wire.

The whole Katrina thing doesn't really interest me as a story line.

It's a different angle for an HBO series. They're series are usually about characters in unusual situations (Mob boss, vampires, drug dealers, polygamists) and showing how they deal with problems just like the rest of us. This series isn't really like that. From what I can tell it's just about normal people, unless you consider "New Orleansians" a special population, who went through a major event. Or it's about a specific place—which is out of the ordinary too.

Archived