Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gaither and Okung a possibility?

FatboysSkins

Just a thought I had in my mind on how we can possibly get to young star studded OT's this year with only 4 picks in the draft now. Say we get a 2nd or a 3rd rd draft pick for Campbell from Buffalo/Carolina/Oakland/SF and a 4th or 5th for Carter. If we get a 2nd for Campbell then we can just trade out right with the Ravens for gainther if not we could pass both picks that we grab from JC and AC to Ravens for Gaither and then of course snatch up Okung in the draft. We would be set at the tackle postion for the next 8 to 10 years.:logo:

What are your thoughts ES?

Jared Gaither-T- Ravens Apr. 6 - 9:01 am et

The Baltimore Sun suggests that trade talk involving restricted free agent LT Jared Gaither was only a "ploy" by the Ravens to get Gaither to report for voluntary offseason workouts.

"It worked, and was a smart move by the Ravens," writes beat reporter Mike Preston. Preston doesn't rule out the possibility of Gaither being moved over draft weekend. He's in a contract year, though, which complicates matters.

Source: Baltimore Sun

The Baltimore Sun suggests that trade talk involving restricted free agent LT Jared Gaither was only a "ploy" by the Ravens to get Gaither to report for voluntary offseason workouts.

"It worked, and was a smart move by the Ravens," writes beat reporter Mike Preston. Preston doesn't rule out the possibility of Gaither being moved over draft weekend. He's in a contract year, though, which complicates matters.

Like it says doesn't mean there isn't a possibiliy that they won't move him if the right price is met.:logo:

Just a thought I had in my mind on how we can possibly get to young star studded OT's this year with only 4 picks in the draft now. Say we get a 2nd or a 3rd rd draft pick for Campbell from Buffalo/Carolina/Oakland/SF and a 4th or 5th for Carter. If we get a 2nd for Campbell then we can just trade out right with the Ravens for gainther if not we could pass both picks that we grab from JC and AC to Ravens for Gainther and then of course snatch up Okung in the draft. We would be set at the tackle postion for the next 8 to 10 years.:logo:

What are your thoughts ES?

Say we get 2 - 1st rounders for Campbell and Jared Allen for Andre Carter. Well I'd say that someone just put acid in your Bud Lite. Dude, we're not getting much, if anything, for either guy. Enough with the fantasies. If he were worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder, we wouldn't have picked up McNabb.

Say we get 2 - 1st rounders for Campbell and Jared Allen for Andre Carter. Well I'd say that someone just put acid in your Bud Lite. Dude, we're not getting much, if anything, for either guy. Enough with the fantasies. If he were worth a 2nd or 3rd rounder, we wouldn't have picked up McNabb.

Wow lets not over exagerate espn is already stated that it is likely we could get a 2nd from buffalo for Campbell. Not only did they say it that they might do it, they said they should do it so apparently I just didn't guess a number and throw it out there. Andre Carter had 12 sacks last year and had a very productive year its not hard to believe a team will give up at least a 4th or lower for him. If neither one of them was worth anything Allen/Shanny would have disposed of them with the rest of the bums they let go of at the beginning of the season.:logo:

Heres that link on Campbell

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12217/campbell-a-fine-consolation-for-buffalo

Maybe the "ploy" is just a smokescreen, and the original plan of a smokescreen became their real plan, and now their setting up a new smokescreen to make ppl think it wasn't a ploy all along

...so deep

Archived