Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Jones sticks to budget in uncapped year

tr1

And?

This free agent class is fairly week overall and does not dictate jumping in and overspending.

I do think the cowboys will be active in the restricted free agent area, but you don't need to jump in immediately for that.

It is a long offseason and, while they are not a perfect team by any stretch, they don't exactly need to be jumping in and overspending for average talent.

+1.

Only three guys I would like to sign out there would be Sharper, Atogwe or Andra Davis.

Nearly every team has taken advantage of this opportunity, especially teams who would have been over the limit "if" a cap was in place in 2010.

I don't know man ... the only teams I see making a lot of moves are teams that were pretty bad last year. Mostly the Browns and the Lions.

Even the middle of the road teams [based on last years record] like Tennessee, Pittsburgh, Houston haven't done much at all.

the sentence must have been really hard for you to read (though others understood it).... because you completely missed the point.

Being an uncapped year not only allows you to to have as large a payroll as you want, but it also allows teams to dump huge contract debt, without future ramifications to the salary cap (which should return in 2011).

Nearly every team has taken advantage of this opportunity, especially teams who would have been over the limit "if" a cap was in place in 2010.

If the cap returns as before, right now Jerrah would be in a world of hurt, if he stands pat.

you make a good point Bubba, but really, who should the Cowboys dump? The only person that can think of is maybe Barber, just because of his salary, but in all honesty, I think that he has a role on that team and they are better with him. He won't dump RW11 because of the draft picks he gave up to get him, and they are still hoping that he can come around and produce. So who should they dump?

It is a long offseason and, while they are not a perfect team by any stretch, they don't exactly need to be jumping in and overspending for average talent.

Didn't we hear this last year, too? And what did that accomplish for the pukes? They managed to beat the Eagles for a third time to win a 'playoff' game before being humiliated by the Vikings.

I find it really funny that puke fans can't acknowledge that Jerruh is pinching pennies because he's basically overextended.

You need a #1 WR, a OT, a backup TE (if only Bennett were as good as Fasano was), 10 safties, etc...

Spencer had a career year (a weak showing, at that), so don't expect a repeat from him...which means a less effective what's-his-name on the other side.

You puke fans' minds are clouded by all the cheese eating.

:ols:

Didn't we hear this last year, too? And what did that accomplish for the pukes? They managed to beat the Eagles for a third time to win a 'playoff' game before being humiliated by the Vikings.

I find it really funny that puke fans can't acknowledge that Jerruh is pinching pennies because he's basically overextended.

You need a #1 WR, a OT, a backup TE (if only Bennett were as good as Fasano was), 10 safties, etc...

Spencer had a career year (a weak showing, at that), so don't expect a repeat from him...which means a less effective what's-his-name on the other side.

I will ask this question once again ... Please inform me of who is out there that is going to "Improve" our team?

... and we all know how you feel about Spencer. I remember you were claiming Dallas was doomed for letting go of the great Greg Ellis!

And who gets more of a #1 receiver then Miles Austin?

We have a back up tight end behind Bennett ... his name is John Phillips.

I will ask this question once again ... Please inform me of who is out there that is going to "Improve" our team?

... and we all know how you feel about Spencer. I remember you were claiming Dallas was doomed for letting go of the great Greg Ellis!

And who gets more of a #1 receiver then Miles Austin?

We have a back up tight end behind Bennett ... his name is John Phillips.

Speaking of the great Ellis....

He wants to come back to Dallas and be a BACKUP to Spencer!!!! LOL TR1!!!!

We won the NFC East.

We won a Playoff game that everyone said we couldn't do.

I'd say that is a fairly productive year considering we had a "HORRIBLE draft" and lost all our great player last offseason, no?

there are times where you show ZERO football acumen...these would be one of them

Speaking of the great Ellis....

He wants to come back to Dallas and be a BACKUP to Spencer!!!! LOL TR1!!!!

Right, Kenny...

You know as well as I do that Ellis would beat out Spencer for the position...even in his advanced years.

Spencer is another over-hyped player from a marginally talented team.

When will you guys take off the puke glasses and come to reality.

We won a Playoff game that everyone said we couldn't do.

Kenny...you beat the injury decimated Eagles two times straight at your house...Wow! What a great thing...:rolleyes:

Yet, when you play any decent team, your qb turns in his choke-again performance.

Until Romo sits to pee goes, you're not going to win against good teams.

there are times where you show ZERO football acumen...these would be one of them

Some should just acknowledge that I'm more knowledgeable about their team and its weakness than 99.99 percent of their fan base.

I'm glad Jerruh thinks there's little to improve on that team...because the humiliation starts for him in September.

You're not serious, are you?

Austin disappears too much to be a #1.

Please enlighten me, what games did Austin "disappear" in after he was a starter? While you're at it list what WR caught more TDs or gained more yards during that time period. I'll be back later for your answer.

Dallas isn't without needs. They need a new OT, some help at safety, and improved play form their #2 WR position.

Please enlighten me, what games did Austin "disappear" in after he was a starter? While you're at it list what WR caught more TDs or gained more yards during that time period. I'll be back later for your answer.

Dallas isn't without needs. They need a new OT, some help at safety, and improved play form their #2 WR position.

and the only one worth filling in FA is Safety with Sharper or Atogwe.

the point being missed is Jerrah hasn't unloaded some cap debt for 2011 while the Pokes would be $34 million over the estimated 2010 cap, if there was one.

While I see the point your trying to make, it's just not that easy. Yes Dallas could just dump some big salaries for the upcoming season, but take Flozell for an example. It would be nice to get his salary off the books and move on with a younger replacement. But here's the problem, does Dallas need Flozell next season? Is Doug Free ready to take the job? Those are both questions Dallas is probably still deciding, and what's the rush?

As the NFL enters the second week of free agency, the Cowboys haven't signed or invited any players to Valley Ranch.

Actions speak louder than words.

The UFA class is extremely weak this year. Weakest group of free agents in a long time imo. There just isn't to many players availible that Dallas needs. Sharper or Atogwe are options, but it's not like people are beating down their door to sign them, so what's the rush?

Everyone gave this same line of b.s on how Dallas was going to bomb because they're not going out and making big splashes in FA. I mean, there's just no way they can possibly be successful being patient and making smart decisions in FA is there!? Well look what happened last year, they grabbed three players that all made big contributions a few weeks into FA and got better. Isn't this the method most Washington fans have been calling for after Snyders mad spending sprees?

What did it accomplish? Well Dallas got better for one. I love how you discount the playoff win now, many people were saying philly was the best team in the NFC before Dallas manhandled them. Now all of a sudden it barely counts as a win? Absolutely amazing. Way to spin.

Ok Dallas has some needs. Whose out there that would be such massive upgrades? The only position even argueable is saftey, and it's not like Adrian Wilson is out on the market. Nothing to throw big money at. Miles Austin is a #1. If you don't think so, i'm sorry to be rude, but you just don't know football. He has excellent physical tools, and does all the little things right. How many guys run better routes then Miles Austin? Very few.

Of course there's no way the light just started to come on for Spencer in his 3rd season, of course it had to be a fluke. He clearly got lucky on all of those quarterback pressures that put him at what, 3rd in the league?

Owned.

Archived