Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

W T F Maryland!

BayouBrave86

So I'm a new resident of Baltimore County and there was a huge water main break Saturday. It still isn't completely fixed and there is no time table on when it will be fixed. The water main was situated in the middle of a stream half a mile deep in some woods in Owings Mills, Md. They have to bring in a pipe from Ohio. Again...WTF Maryland? I feel like I'm living in a third world country with this bull****. You're telling me you can't pull a ton of resources together and get this fixed sooner than 4 days? Hell I don't know when I'll get my water back. I can't afford to live in a hotel right now. 15,000 people are still without water, and there is hardly any coverage on in. WTF is going on?

I believe that the main broke at some point where it travels under a wooded area. Hence, the lack of a quick fix.

Wait... you actually pointed out that the break is in a wooded area AND under a stream. Yet, you're still wondering why it isn't a quick fix?

Really? I mean really? It's 2010. It took them over a day to find the damn thing. WTF were they thinking when they built it there in the first place? Again, it's 2010. If it were in a more populated area, you better believe it would be up and running yesterday. It's just total bull****. I feel like I'm living in Louisiana all over again. Can't wait to vote against the officials in office currently. Seriously, this has been more botched than Katrina.

You know I'd say something mean, but to tell you the truth, I doubt I'd give a damn if I saw this on the news about some other town being without water. I'd probably say damn that sucks and then flip the channel. Sadly, this is the world we live in. I just came here to vent because this is seriously ridiculous.

You are right. 4 days to fix a watermain does seem pretty serious. But honestly, could be worse. Take a look at what happened to dundalk when their watermain broke earlier last year.

I said the same thing to them too. That's what you get for living in Dundalk.

Look on the brightside, it wont break again for another 50 years.

Yeah, but the luck I have is beginning to really annoy me. In Louisiana for Katrina, move up to Baltimore for it's worst winter in recorded history, and now a water main breaks just as things are getting back to normal, screwing up my whole routine that it has taken 2 months to finally get into. Made the move up here in January.

Anyway, my lease runs out in a year, so I'll definitely take a look at Ellicott City. What do you guys have to say about Bowie? Seems like it wasn't too bad when I drove through it this past weekend.

You know I'd say something mean, but to tell you the truth, I doubt I'd give a damn if I saw this on the news about some other town being without water. I'd probably say damn that sucks and then flip the channel. Sadly, this is the world we live in. I just came here to vent because this is seriously ridiculous.

Just busting your chops. Seriously, I feel bad for the people in the NW beltway area.

And, yeah, Ellicott City is one of the nicer places to live in the Baltimore area. I lived on Main St. for a year and a half. I don't particularly like the Bmore area, but I wish I had stayed on Main St.

Archived