Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any news on Hunter the Punter and the Red Snapper?

corrupt3d

I hope they both return.

I couldn't imagine the Skins without the Red Snapper. He's been extremely valuable to us ya goota sign the Red Snapper. I also am a fan of Hunter the Punter bring'em back.

Also, I seriously hope Dallas gives Suisham another contract.

Sorry they cut him already:(

• 2 weeks later...

Update from RI:

Hunter Smith isn't ruling out a return to Redskins

Veteran punter Hunter Smith wasn't exactly surprised that the Redskins planned to sign Josh Bidwell, who played under General Manager Bruce Allen in Tampa Bay. And Smith hasn't ruled out returning to the Redskins, a person familiar with the situation said Tuesday.

Although Smith, who was among the team's top performers regardless of position last season, apparently is not opposed to competing with Bidwell, he is continuing to explore his options. It would seem that Smith still has more than enough ability to start in this league, and there are several teams without veteran punters on their rosters. Included in that group: Denver, Green Bay and New England. As training camp draws closer, expect interest in Smith to increase.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

I personally don't really understand what's the holdup. Hunter's the first consistent punter we've had in years. Why the hesitation on our part? :whoknows:

He did a great job with hang time, net punting distance (which is directly helped by hang time), and was a heckuva holder on FGs and PATs. I don't get this one either, or for that matter, the whole issue with the Red Snapper. They both did their jobs well on a team where that often wasn't the case and should be back out there again. Those that should be replaced were the ones who weren't doing their jobs.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived