Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The only thing Darrell Green doesn't do quickly is age

BillyKilmer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-only-thing-Darrell-Green-doesn-t-do-quickly-?urn=nfl,220013

Shutdown Corner Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:57 pm EST

The only thing Darrell Green doesn't do quickly is age

By MJD

Former Washington Redskins cornerback Darrell Green just turned 50. How did he celebrate? By proving that he's still way, way faster than you.

Green, via his Twitter account, claims to have run a 40-yard-dash in 4.43 seconds, and then claimed to be the fastest baby boomer alive. I'm not going to argue with him. Here are three consecutive tweets from Green.

Quick update from the Birthday Boy:) I think today I became the fastest 50 year old in the world! @9AM today, I celebrated my 50th BDay.....

By running the 40 yard dash in Orlando, Florida in a time of 4.43! FYI, all born between 1946 -1964 are baby boomers...

I'm guessing that makes me the fastest baby boomer! I would say, thats really booming. Are you?

Later this month when the NFL scouting combine gets underway, we'll hear about countless 40-yard-dash times, and most of them, including many among the receivers, running backs and cornerbacks, will be slower than the time Darrell Green just posted at the age of 50.

That's insane. Most 50-year-olds won't go that fast in a car. It seems borderline unnatural.

Chad Ochocinco's(notes) always talking about racing somebody for charity. I say we set up a Darrell Green vs. Ochocinco race.

Archived