Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CBSSports: Pro Bowl drops ball with another Fletcher snub

MattFancy

Correct me if im wrong...BUT i believe he is the last defensive player we have had score since #21 in the playoffs.

Isn't that a "DAMN" play also he forced or recovered a fumble when a team was in the redzone earlier this year, there are very few reasons why poor Ol Fletch isn't in the ProBowl (like a 4-11 record or being a quite role player that lets his play do his talking which is reason enough for him to get there) but saying he doesn't make plays is the last thing i would ever think of. Even when los or landry makes a tackle 30 yards down field the anouncers still say that they made the play they blew in the first place, making tackles is making plays as much as i would like more picks, sacks, and FF/FR from Fletcher theres not anymore i could ask from him! Except being 2 or maybe 3 inches taller i think he's just too short for a MLB to be in the ProBowl :D

so he scored one TD two years ago against the cardinals. thats not grounds for him making the probowl.

point of the story: hes an awesome linebacker, and were lucky to have him. but hes not a probowler, and his entire career is massive proof of that.

When he trucked Jacobs like I have NEVER seen Jacobs trucked before... I went "DAMN!!!"

A couple years back, when he made that INT against Arizona and ran it back for a TD diving over about six players from the 5 yard line to get into the endzone... I went "DAMN."

And there are plenty of other times he has made me take notice, but I'm not a memory machine that can rattle off everything. I wouldn't be able to come up with more than a couple off the top of my head for Haynesworth, Orakpo, Adrian Peterson, or Ray Lewis either.

i think in his first year he had two plays at the end of the game that pretty much won the game ... i said damn

i said damn when he crunched desean jax and gave him a concussion

i said damn when he crushed i think patrick crayton int he skins game

i even said damn when he knocked out westbrook

but...making the pro bowl isn't about "damn" plays. its about being the best at your position and being consistent. I think fletch is both of those things.

making the pro bowl isn't about "damn" plays. its about being the best at your position and being consistent. I think fletch is both of those things.

I agree... I was just showing that even by the silly criteria proposed, Fletcher still comes through. It's a combination of being on bad teams, stuck in scheme-induced-non-turnover defenses, and being a solid citizen without the look-at-me character flaws this public rewards that prevents London from getting the probowl nod.

I've never had much belief in the Pro Bowl selection system.

It mostly contains popular players, opposed to players who've actually earned it.

I'd probably say 75% of the players selected do more running of the mouth than playing, or they have 1 or 2 games where they played great, but only average after. There are a few players who do deserve to be there, and I think Fletcher deserves it, if anything else for his longevity.

If you want a good case to look at, look no further than Darrell Green; he was selected a few times, but mostly, no QB's threw anywhere close to his direction, therefore his name wasn't being mentioned.

The thing with London is if he wasnt a Redskin very few of us would even be considering this a snub. I cant remember turning on ESPN when he was on the bills or rams and seeing London Fletcher highlights and saying "damn that dudes a beast." As a matter of fact when we got him I had to go to NFL.com just to find out what he was about. Cause I had heard so very little about him.

What Im saying is, he makes an impression on the fans for the teams he plays for, THATS IT. Fans of the Cards or Broncos hear his name and Im sure they dont cringe.

Londons story is a remarkable one. What he has overcome in his private life with his family to being a nobody until Dick Vermeil gave him a shot is wonderul. He is a genuine nice guy who is one hell of a football player. He just doesnt create the hype that most superstars do with their performance on the field, and for that he is rather unrecognizable by those who dont pay attention to the Redskins week in and week out. I do think he should be in the pro bowl, I think he's that good of a player. But he doesnt do enough on a weekly basis to get noticed all around the NFL and thats why he doesnt get the votes. I still love having him on this team and we are damn lucky to have somebody with his heart and love for the game.

Archived