Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 10 Tacklers of All Time (The Snubbing of London Fletcher)

Commander Adama

lol, probably true. but ray is a true leader, which fletcher is not.

have you ever watched ray lewis get that team ready for battle? its so inspiring it makes me wanna strap on a helmet and go to war lol. that leadership quality goes a long way as well, which fletcher doesnt have either.

fletcher is nothing special, hes just extremely sound. put it this way:

if youre an o coordinator, are you more scared of london fletcher or ray lewis?

No question Ray is the better LB. He might be my favorite LB of all time in fact...the guy is scary good. I was just pointing out a game changing play by Fletcher.

sorry, if you cant see the difference between fletcher and guys like willis or ray lewis, youre not watching the same games.

See the above post by me.

There's a huge difference in the perceived game changers, and the true game changers.

Ray Lewis is a beast. No doubt. But, each year should be unique. Not just, "oh, it's Ray Lewis".

See the above post by me.

There's a huge difference in the perceived game changers, and the true game changers.

Ray Lewis is a beast. No doubt. But, each year should be unique. Not just, "oh, it's Ray Lewis".

when your numbers are pretty similar in a year, it comes down to this:

ray is on a better team

ray is on a better defense

ray is a superbowl MVP

ray is a 2 time defensive player of the year

when looking at similar numbers, and you tack on that resume, it becomes "oh, its ray lewis".

Just to clarify. Here's this years stats.

Ray Lewis. 121 tackles. 2 FF. 0 INT. 3 Sacks.

London Fletcher 134 tackles 1 FF 1 Int. 2 Sacks.

Gee. Who's the game changer?

I watch a lot of ravens games (one of the many perks of living in baltimore...well that and heroin of course) and I see Ray miss ALOT of tackles and miss a lot of assignments....he is not the same player he once was....

By looking just at this year alone, its an absolute disgrace to see London get snubbed...

ray is on a better team

ray is a superbowl MVP

when looking at similar numbers, and you tack on that resume, it becomes "oh, its ray lewis".

That and he was "accussed" of murdering someone...add that to the resume and THEN you have the "oh, its Ray Lewis" effect

ray is on a better team

ray is a superbowl MVP

I see what you are saying. That just goes to show that the pro-bowl is a joke. That's another reason why nobody watches it.

The last memorable thing that happened in that game was ST laying out Mormon.

I see what you are saying. That just goes to show that the pro-bowl is a joke. That's another reason why nobody watches it.

The last memorable thing that happened in that game was ST laying out Mormon.

the probowl itself is a joke, but the guys in it are 99% of the time beasts at their position.

and if the probowl is a joke, there shouldnt be any crying about fletcher getting snubbed because it shouldnt matter anyways right?

Well, as a Redskin fan, it matters because a guy has busted his butt all year and deserves public recognition for his stats. As usual, the Redskins get snubbed. Regardless of our record, we always get snubbed. If we had that fruity star on our helmet, Rabach would be going. :)

As for him actually playing in the game, no. It doesn't matter.

Well, as a Redskin fan, it matters because a guy has busted his butt all year and deserves public recognition for his stats. As usual, the Redskins get snubbed. Regardless of our record, we always get snubbed. If we had that fruity star on our helmet, Rabach would be going. :)

As for him actually playing in the game, no. It doesn't matter.

so we get snubbed, yet our rookie DE/LB gets in?

not very good for your argument.

the probowl itself is a joke, but the guys in it are 99% of the time beasts at their position.

and if the probowl is a joke, there shouldnt be any crying about fletcher getting snubbed because it shouldnt matter anyways right?

If the guys who are in the Pro-bowl are beasts 99% of the time at there position then Fletcher should be somewhere in the mix...regardless if it doesnt matter...right?

A big play made by Fletch? 2008, week 8, Skins @ Lions. Lions final 4th down play, Fletch decleats Megatron to seal the victory. A great great play by a MLB against a grossly fast WR.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80bf57ab/WK-8-London-Fletcher-seals-the-deal

I remember Ray Lewis making a similar play against the Chargers this year to stop Sproles.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d812c611a/Ray-Lewis-stops-Chargers

Of these two, which video got replayed on ESPN all night long, and whose locker room interview was shown over and over?

If the guys who are in the Pro-bowl are beasts 99% of the time at there position then Fletcher should be somewhere in the mix...regardless if it doesnt matter...right?

fletcher isnt a "beast" though, hes just very good.

patrick willis is a beast

ray lewis is a beast

jon beason is a beast

again, fletcher is a very sound awesome linebacker. hes not a probowler, which is why hes never been to a probowl.

A big play made by Fletch? 2008, week 8, Skins @ Lions. Lions final 4th down play, Fletch decleats Megatron to seal the victory. A great great play by a MLB against a grossly fast WR.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d80bf57ab/WK-8-London-Fletcher-seals-the-deal

I remember Ray Lewis making a similar play against the Chargers this year to stop Sproles.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/baltimore-ravens/09000d5d812c611a/Ray-Lewis-stops-Chargers

Of these two, which video got replayed on ESPN all night long, and whose locker room interview was shown over and over?

so, it comes down to fletcher making a play against the worst team in NFL history, vs ray lewis stopping one of the fastest scat backs in the league in a game with two playoff teams.

surely theres no difference there.......

lol, probably true. but ray is a true leader, which fletcher is not.
Come on BLC! In the articles you have read recently, you have guys like Haynesworth, Hall, Orakpo who all go to London Fletcher to talk things over with him. Just because he is not a vocal leader for show in front of the media, does not mean he is not a leader. I would take London Fletcher any day. Yeah Ray gets guys pumped up, but at the end of the day, that's what the coach is supposed to do.
Great link!!
Off the top of my head all I can think of is his INT return for a TD in the Arizona game in 07, which was awesome. He ran it back and leapt into the corner of the endzone over a pile of players. That was the only reason we won that game.
Awesome point Botched!!

Is it because his teams don't win? He has a Super Bowl with the Rams, so that can't be it. I guess it's because he isn't as flashy or talk as much as the other two. QUOTE]

It's because nobody knows that he was on the Rams roster for the SB, and he has played for two crappy teams since

Is it because his teams don't win? He has a Super Bowl with the Rams, so that can't be it. I guess it's because he isn't as flashy or talk as much as the other two. But his stats are very similar to both of them. I feel so bad for him, he's put up HoF numbers, yet can't make a Pro Bowl.

It's because nobody knows that he was on the Rams roster for the SB, and he has played for two crappy teams since

fletcher isnt a "beast" though, hes just very good.

patrick willis is a beast

ray lewis is a beast

jon beason is a beast

again, fletcher is a very sound awesome linebacker. hes not a probowler, which is why hes never been to a probowl.

Maybe our definitions of beast are different. If your definition of only leading London Fletcher in Tackles in only 2 years since 2001, then yes Ray Lewis is a beast. Or maybe if your definition is whoever has the loudest mouth, again Ray Lewis. But if you are talking being able to read the offenses of other teams, and direct all the fellow players where they should be lining up and being mostly in the top 5 in Tackling every years since coming into the league, then I think you may need to rethink your definition.

Maybe our definitions of beast are different. If your definition of only leading London Fletcher in Tackles in only 2 years since 2001, then yes Ray Lewis is a beast. Or maybe if your definition is whoever has the loudest mouth, again Ray Lewis. But if you are talking being able to read the offenses of other teams, and direct all the fellow players where they should be lining up and being mostly in the top 5 in Tackling every years since coming into the league, then I think you may need to rethink your definition.

BLC re-think? Fat chance.....

how many times has fletcher been a superbowl MVP?

how many times has fletcher won defensive player of the year?

lets just start there. get back to me when you can.

and were you upset when fletcher wasnt making the probowl as a buffalo bill? or a st louis ram? or is it only amped up because hes wearing the B&G?

I beg to differ. Fletcher IS a game changer. However, unlike guys like Willis, he is a game changer on every play, just in smaller ways. Guys like Willis make big plays, then disappear for a little while. I remember watching the Browns game last year in person. The game was on the line, the Browns were inside the 10 and needed a touchdown, with precious few seconds left. First down, Fletcher makes the stop. Second down, Fletcher makes the stop. Third down, Fletcher knocks down the ball. Fourth down, Fletcher AGAIN knocks down the pass. He single handedly won the game for the Skins, and yet on the stat sheet it only looked like 2 tackles, not a fumble returned for a touchdown.

To say Fletcher isn't a game changer is something that can only be said because you don't realize just how big his impact is until he is gone. I guarantee you that if Fletcher were not here, this defense would be far worse than it is.

so we get snubbed, yet our rookie DE/LB gets in?

not very good for your argument.

Our rookie DE/LB who is close to breaking the all time rookie sack record?

Am I missing something here? Why wouldn't he be in?

I can go way back and think of when Stephen Davis was the leading rusher and got beat out be Ahman Green. There's plenty. But hey, Rak made the pro-bowl so we're good right? Screw Fletcher and his league leading stats.

Archived