Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Where was Roy Williams?

tr1

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/12/where-was-roy-williams.html

12:53 PM Mon, Dec 21, 2009

Dallas Cowboys coach Wade Phillips said Roy Williams did not receive a battlefield demotion in the pecking order at wide receiver during Saturday's win at New Orleans. Williams did vanish from the offense after a potentially damaging drop.

Running a slant pattern, Williams had inside position on Saints defender Clinton Porter but could not come up with the catch on a third-and-fourth play early in the fourth quarter. Williams did not see the ball again.

On the Cowboys next and final full possession, quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee threw to three receivers: Miles Austin, Sam Hurd and John Phillips. Williams finished with only one catch for 14 yards. Romo sits to pee targeted a season-low three passes to Williams.

``We still have hopes that the things we see in practice (from Williams) are going to happen,'' Phillips said.

They gave up a 1st and a 3rd...swapped a 6th for a 5th.

Now that I've answered your question, how about answering mine. With the way your team played tonight, why/how could you possibly be thinking about your rival team? Doesn't your team have enough problems for you to worry about?

They gave up a 1st and a 3rd...swapped a 6th for a 5th.

Now that I've answered your question, how about answering mine. With the way your team played tonight, why/how could you possibly be thinking about your rival team? Doesn't your team have enough problems for you to worry about?

Well, lookie here...another attempt at a hijack.

If you'd like to discuss the Skins' game tonight, I'd suggest you visit the Stadium.

If you'd like to discuss me, then I win and you lose.

Otherwise, let's talk Roy...shall we?

I thought the pukes were pretty ineffective on offense when he wasn't in the lineup at the end of the game.

Well, lookie here...another attempt at a hijack.

If you'd like to discuss the Skins' game tonight, I'd suggest you visit the Stadium.

If you'd like to discuss me, then I win and you lose.

Otherwise, let's talk Roy...shall we?

I thought the pukes were pretty ineffective on offense when he wasn't in the lineup at the end of the game.

Yes, I agree with you about Roy. I'd rather see Ogletree in there. That drop he had on 3rd down nearly cost us the game. He wasn't worth the picks and he certainly isn't worth his contract, though it's not my money.

I am not trying to hijack the thread. I just don't understand how you can even think about another team after the show your team just put on. Seriously. That just proves to me that your hate for Dallas is stronger than your love for your own team.

You mean during that final clutch drive by Romo sits to pee where he led the team down for what should have been a game clinching chip shot field goal? That was about as effective as a QB and an offense can be. Did you mean to tpe "effective" or did you just mean to be totally wrong again?

You mean during that final clutch drive by Romo sits to pee where he led the team down for what should have been a game clinching chip shot field goal? That was about as effective as a QB and an offense can be. Did you mean to tpe "effective" or did you just mean to be totally wrong again?

No, on the three and outs when he wasn't on the field.

:rolleyes:

Is that all you've got? Smileys?

I answered your question and talked about Roy. Although I did misread your post because I thought you were talking about when Roy was in the game. The offense is much more effective in my opinion when Roy is not in the game because he and Romo sits to pee are seldom on the same page.

No, on the three and outs when he wasn't on the field.

:doh:

Dallas had ONE three and out the entire game against the Saints. Guess who dropped the pass that would have gave them a first down and prevented the three and out?

This is easy.

:doh:

Dallas had ONE three and out the entire game against the Saints. Guess who dropped the pass that would have gave them a first down and prevented the three and out?

This is easy.

My memory failed me. You're right. The three and out happened before Roy left the game.

My memory failed me. You're right. The three and out happened before Roy left the game.

That's cool, I understand you're having a rough night.

But I really don't think Roy actually "left the game". It's just part of the sub package. Hurd comes in a lot on running downs. I was just as surprised as the Saints were when we threw the ball to him. I think it's his first target since the Denver game.

I think, possibly, that this is the most fail thread I have ever seen posted.

Yes, Roy Williams sucks.

Yes, we know he sucks.

Yes, I would rather have Ogletree or Crayton or almost anyone else (except for Terrell Owens :) ) starting opposite Miles Austin.

Anymore questions?

I think, possibly, that this is the most fail thread I have ever seen posted.

Yes, Roy Williams sucks.

Yes, we know he sucks.

Yes, I would rather have Ogletree or Crayton or almost anyone else (except for Terrell Owens :) ) starting opposite Roy Williams.

Anymore questions?

Did you see who the thread starter was? FAIL threads are what he specializes in.

Respect for owning up! It's an easy mistake to make. But the fact remains, I feel the Cowboys are better off with Roy off the field.

He is an absolute cancer to offensive production. The Cowboys are much better off with Crayton as the #2. RW has been an epic failure. Gotta say you were right about that one tr1.

What kind of thread is this?

You're saying Roy sucks.

:hysterical:

tr1 did say anything, he posted an Article written by a Dallas Morning News writer

yet since it was posted we have had numerous poke fans post, to do nothing but attack the poster... only 3 made any attempt to discuss the article, and 1 had to make a reference about the Redskins poor play, in an attempt to chastise tr1.

yet in another thread there were dozen of posts pointing fingers at tr1, myself and others, bringing down the ATN, preventing intelligent discussions..... yadda yadda yadda. Several of those .... complaining are in this thread yet not one attempt to talk intelligently about the article.

1. you don't like the thread op, blame the DMN writer, talk about kill the messenger

2. If tr1 posting the thread bothers you, then why bother reading it, or responding in it. Stop coming to a Redskin board if articles pointing out flaws in the pokes Armour makes you upset. You don't think there threads laughing at the Skins on CZ right now? Articles about the blowout loss? I would be a FOOL to go there whining about them being posted. It's what rival fans do for goodness sakes. :doh:

3. The only "fail" is the responses.... unnecessary, and only promotes the bull **** many of you professes to detest

Aside from the OP trying to get a rise out of y'all, why isn't Ogletree been given a chance?

I guess it's all down to what you gave up for Williams, and the size of his contract, but one things for sure, the rook sure does look like he's gona' be a competent pro, and he has great hands from what I've seen.

Hail.

You're exactly right. It's Jerry and everyone else being stubborn and not wanting to give up on something that they sacrificed so much for.

It's time to chalk it up as a loss and accept he's just not good. The sooner everyone accepts that, the better. Crayton or Ogletree can easily make those catches that Roy is putting on the turf on a weekly basis.

Archived