Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DMN: Where was Roy Williams?

tr1

tr is running out of ammo.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

It's so funny when tr1's stock just plummets and he starts reaching out of desperation. It's truly what makes this forum enjoyable.

As for Roy, he's actually stepped up the last several games but I wanted to shoot him Saturday night. We had the Saints 24-10 and driving when he dropped what should have been a routine 3rd down catch. He's basically proven that he can be a nice #2 WR. Conversely, Miles was money on a later critical 3rd down play.

They gave up a 1st and a 3rd...swapped a 6th for a 5th.

Now that I've answered your question, how about answering mine. With the way your team played tonight, why/how could you possibly be thinking about your rival team? Doesn't your team have enough problems for you to worry about?

I'm going to go ahead and jump on this hijack real quick and point a couple of things out:

1. Where were you, and many of the other Dallas posters here, when Dallas lost to the Giants and Chargers?

2. Yes we suck. We know we suck. That's not exactly news. Kinda chaffes your chicken to know that the Skins winning would have helped your boys our a lot doesn't it?

3. And, as a result of this horrid season, we are developing a legitimate FO...you will be stuck with Jerry Jones calling the shots...

So enjoy this win. It was a big one. You will probably make the playoffs. You might even win one playoff game this year.

You might also be stuck with Wade Phillips...or Jason Garrett at HC next year.

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

As for Roy, he's actually stepped up the last several games but I wanted to shoot him Saturday night. We had the Saints 24-10 and driving when he dropped what should have been a routine 3rd down catch. He's basically proven that he can be a nice #2 WR. Conversely, Miles was money on a later critical 3rd down play.

What bothers me is that he came with the reputation of having great hands. Seriously, his hands and/or concentration are worse than T.O.'s. At least T.O. has gamebreaking speed and YAC ability.

The only positive that Roy brings right now is his run blocking ability. I'd rather have a TE in the game for that.

I'm going to go ahead and jump on this hijack real quick and point a couple of things out:

:D your "hijacking" this thread for your all important newsflash demonstrates why I absolutely love to hate skins fans. I mean that in a fun rivalry type way. They way you guys hate us and vice versa is special.

1. Where were you, and many of the other Dallas posters here, when Dallas lost to the Giants and Chargers?

I know I wasn't here. But I'm also not here every time we win also. I can't even access this site at work and I have a little time off. Let's keep it real though. You guys revel in our misery and vice versa. It's not too complicated. There are also several skins regulars WHO DON'T SHOW UP in this forum, on their own board mind you, when Dallas fans have something to be happy about. It works on all levels.

2. Yes we suck. We know we suck. That's not exactly news. Kinda chaffes your chicken to know that the Skins winning would have helped your boys our a lot doesn't it?

I'm glad you brought this up and I'll be honest. Deep deep down, the skins laying a completely embarrassing lifeless egg at home in front of your new GM and with Shannahan watching was priceless. It was a win win situation in terms of the outcome. Bottom line is we need to handle our business regardless. I'd prefer the skins not to be full of confidence after beating NY. Yes, NYG added some pressure but I'd rather win going in than back in anyway.

3. And, as a result of this horrid season, we are developing a legitimate FO...you will be stuck with Jerry Jones calling the shots...

You HOPE you are. Every year the skins sell us on some genius offseason plan. We'll see if Snyder can truly back off and by the looks of things you will need Allen, Shannahan and Jesus himself to contend anytime soon.

So enjoy this win. It was a big one. You will probably make the playoffs. You might even win one playoff game this year.

Enjoying that win is over. We'll see if we can play with a sense of urgency next Sunday. I'd much rather be playing for something and worry about our FO structure later. Perhaps Snyder shouldn't have stuck it to poor Zorn so hard. I still feel good as long as Snyder is leading the way.

:D your "hijacking" this thread for your all important newsflash demonstrates why I absolutely love to hate skins fans. I mean that in a fun rivalry type way. They way you guys hate us and vice versa is special.

Yes, I definitely Embrace the Hate :)

I know I wasn't here. But I'm also not here every time we win also. I can't even access this site at work and I have a little time off. Let's keep it real though. You guys revel in our misery and vice versa. It's not too complicated. There are also several skins regulars WHO DON'T SHOW UP in this forum, on their own board mind you, when Dallas fans have something to be happy about. It works on all levels.

Yeah -- but it's a bit different to run mouths on an opposing board, and then disappear when your team ***** the bed, and reappear in droves when they win a big game. There are significantly more Dallas fans here that do that then Skins fans. Just an observation...besides, it only counts when Dallas fans do it.

I'm glad you brought this up and I'll be honest. Deep deep down, the skins laying a completely embarrassing lifeless egg at home in front of your new GM and with Shannahan watching was priceless. It was a win win situation in terms of the outcome. Bottom line is we need to handle our business regardless. I'd prefer the skins not to be full of confidence after beating NY. Yes, NYG added some pressure but I'd rather win going in than back in anyway.

You HOPE you are. Every year the skins sell us on some genius offseason plan. We'll see if Snyder can truly back off and by the looks of things you will need Allen, Shannahan and Jesus himself to contend anytime soon.

Yes, I will agree with you there. But this time is really different. The genius off-season plan does not include Vinny Cerrato. Let me say that again, but it feels pretty ******* good. It does NOT include Vinny Cerrato. Bruce Allen, and it's looking more and more like Shanny, know how to build winners.

But, yes, it will take two to three years. If...Snyder can truly back off

Enjoying that win is over. We'll see if we can play with a sense of urgency next Sunday. I'd much rather be playing for something and worry about our FO structure later. Perhaps Snyder shouldn't have stuck it to poor Zorn so hard. I still feel good as long as Snyder is leading the way.

Yes it is -- I would love to knock you guys off :)

I've been here. I didn't disappear. Just because I don't make a post every day don't assume that I just disappear. I wasn't here posting Saturday night after the win...or Sunday. I was just as surprised as anyone that they beat the Saints. I thought their best chance at a win was against the Giants. I've felt for a few weeks now that the Chargers are the best team in football, so I didn't expect a win there.

I've always felt that TR1 hates the Cowboys more than he loves the skins. I thought the timing of this thread proved my point. He was posting this as the skins were having what I would consider perhaps the lowest point of their franchise (that I can think of).

Sorry to disappoint you, but I was in no way, shape, or form rooting for the skins. Never have, never will. The Cowboys control their own destiny, so help isn't needed. If we lose another game, which I will admit is highly probable, then I expect heads to roll. Win-win situation.

I won't comment in the FO stuff, because no one knows for sure what will happen. I don't want Wade or Garrett, that much I know. But I do know that when it comes to owners, the score is this: Jerry 3 - Danny 0. Just the facts.

I've been here. I didn't disappear. Just because I don't make a post every day don't assume that I just disappear. I wasn't here posting Saturday night after the win...or Sunday. I was just as surprised as anyone that they beat the Saints. I thought their best chance at a win was against the Giants. I've felt for a few weeks now that the Chargers are the best team in football, so I didn't expect a win there.

Yeah -- you have a spotty history...So if they lose to the skins (BIG If...and frankly I don't care one way or the other.) I expect to see you here.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I was in no way, shape, or form rooting for the skins. Never have, never will. The Cowboys control their own destiny, so help isn't needed. If we lose another game, which I will admit is highly probable, then I expect heads to roll. Win-win situation.

So clearly you hate the Skins more than you love the Cowboys...

I won't comment in the FO stuff, because no one knows for sure what will happen. I don't want Wade or Garrett, that much I know. But I do know that when it comes to owners, the score is this: Jerry 3 - Danny 0. Just the facts.

Ah yes. Still relying on things that happened 15 years ago. Tell me, how has Jerry been doing lately? Even Snyder has managed to win a couple of playoff games here and there.

Yeah -- you have a spotty history...So if they lose to the skins (BIG If...and frankly I don't care one way or the other.) I expect to see you here.

I will be sure to do that. It may not be Sunday, but I will definately do so on Monday.

So clearly you hate the Skins more than you love the Cowboys...

No, it's just a given that Cowboys fans don't root for the skins and vice versa. Like I said, if the Cowboys win out then no help is needed.

Ah yes. Still relying on things that happened 15 years ago. Tell me, how has Jerry been doing lately? Even Snyder has managed to win a couple of playoff games here and there.

Now hold up a minute. How often do we Cowboys fans have to here about the playoff win drought? Plus, I'm just stating the facts. While you compare the two owners, the fact remains that Jerry was the owner of 3 Super Bowl winning teams. Snyder has just won a few playoff games.

Now hold up a minute. How often do we Cowboys fans have to here about the playoff win drought? Plus, I'm just stating the facts. While you compare the two owners, the fact remains that Jerry was the owner of 3 Super Bowl winning teams. Snyder has just won a few playoff games.

I'm sorry, is that not a valid argument? Is that not true that you're still pumping Jerry up for something he did 15 years ago? And I think it's abundantly clear that was more Jimmy Johnson's doing than Jerry's.

So, while you're still relying on 15 years ago, CURRENTLY they have failed to win a playoff game in 12 years...along with stalwart franchises like Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Kansas City...

Oh yeah and CURRENTLY, they have lost an NFL Record Tying 6 consecutive playoff games. Just the facts.

I'm sorry, is that not a valid argument? Is that not true that you're still pumping Jerry up for something he did 15 years ago? And I think it's abundantly clear that was more Jimmy Johnson's doing than Jerry's.

So, while you're still relying on 15 years ago, CURRENTLY they have failed to win a playoff game in 12 years...along with stalwart franchises like Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati and Kansas City...

Oh yeah and CURRENTLY, they have lost an NFL Record Tying 6 consecutive playoff games. Just the facts.

You brought up the FO's in this thread, not me. You compared Jerry to Snyder, a comparison that is easily a landslide win for Jerry. I'm not pumping him up at all, but when compared to Snyder he looks like a genius.

Jerry fired Tom Landry, something that is tough to swallow to this day, and hired Jimmy. Does he not deserve any credit for that? I think so. Obviously Jimmy was the brains behind the dynasty, but Jerry started the whole thing by hiring Jimmy Johnson.

So because the Redskins have won 2 wild card games over that same time frame the skins are so much better, right? Do you really want to compare Jerry's first ten years as an owner with Snyder's?

You brought up the FO's in this thread, not me. You compared Jerry to Snyder, a comparison that is easily a landslide win for Jerry. I'm not pumping him up at all, but when compared to Snyder he looks like a genius.

Actually -- you brought up the Skins in a flimsy attempt to deflect from the horrible trade that Jerry made for Roy Williams...so...which Jerry made. How many GMs would survive after the 12 years of futility?

Jerry fired Tom Landry, something that is tough to swallow to this day, and hired Jimmy. Does he not deserve any credit for that? I think so. Obviously Jimmy was the brains behind the dynasty, but Jerry started the whole thing by hiring Jimmy Johnson.

So now you are reaching back 20 years to the hiring of Johnson? And, by the way, he subsequently destroyed it by firing Johnson...

So because the Redskins have won 2 wild card games over that same time frame the skins are so much better, right? Do you really want to compare Jerry's first ten years as an owner with Snyder's?

Well, Snyder has brought 10 years of mediocre-at-best football. Jerry had something special and destroyed it, leaving 12 years of medicore-at-best football. You tell me.

And I would just like to point out, again, you're bringing up facts from 15-20 years ago. I am talking about moves made last week and the future...

Actually -- you brought up the Skins in a flimsy attempt to deflect from the horrible trade that Jerry made for Roy Williams...so...which Jerry made. How many GMs would survive after the 12 years of futility?

So now you are reaching back 20 years to the hiring of Johnson? And, by the way, he subsequently destroyed it by firing Johnson...

Well, Snyder has brought 10 years of mediocre-at-best football. Jerry had something special and destroyed it, leaving 12 years of medicore-at-best football. You tell me.

And I would just like to point out, again, you're bringing up facts from 15-20 years ago. I am talking about moves made last week and the future...

Snyder is making your franchise look like a circus. How can that be good? And how are you talking about moves for the future? Do you know what's going to happen?

I will admit Jerry has made some horrible calls as the GM of the Dallas Cowboys. One of which is the topic of this thread, Roy Williams. Plus numerous other moves that make you shake your head. But regardless of that, Jerry has had a better record as an owner than Snyder.

Anyhow, enough about our micromanaging owners...here's to a good injury free game on Sunday night.

Archived