Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patience. It's A Word. I Made A Thread About It. I need to read the rules

NoVaSkins21

If there already a thread about this, then I'm sorry, but I did not see one. Now that Bruce Allen has officially been hired as executive with GM in his title, will Snyder finally exercise patience? Will he let Allen build this team right? Hopefully this is a virtue that Allen preached to Snyder before Danny hired him. Getting this team back to prominence is a process and hiring Allen hopefully is step in the right direction. This process will take some time before it's completed. I also hope that all of us here, including myself, on ES will exercise some patience because Rome wasn't built in a day. Being critical of this team is our right as fans, but I don't think we should be asking for someone's head the moment something goes wrong. Vinny's resignation was a necessary start and eventually the Skins will finish in the right direction.

Yea depending on what direction Allen decides to go in, we might have to endure another couple bad seasons. But as long as we have a plan, are getting younger, etc then I'll take a couple bad seasons over the floundering mediocrity of a lot of recent seasons. I'd love for this team to look like the Packers or Saints of the past few years-- young, hungry, and building steam fast.

Just look at the Bengals situation. Two years ago this team was in turmoil. Everybody was saying it would take a long time to turn them around. And two years later, they are one of the best teams in the AFC. I can understand though why he is so impatient. I mean, this team has not even had a home playoff game in 9-10 years ?

92 views and no replies, that sucks. :(

I need to view something a good 80 or so times before I reply.

Patience. ;)

I think Snyder knows this. If you remember him talking during this past off-season about Gibbs teaching him to be patient, plus the fact that Gibbs still has his ear and Dan talked to him prior to making the decision to hire Allen all should be encouraging.

If there already a thread about this, then I'm sorry, but I did not see one. Now that Bruce Allen has officially been hired as executive with GM in his title, will Snyder finally exercise patience? Will he let Allen build this team right? Hopefully this is a virtue that Allen preached to Snyder before Danny hired him. Getting this team back to prominence is a process and hiring Allen hopefully is step in the right direction. This process will take some time before it's completed. I also hope that all of us here, including myself, on ES will exercise some patience because Rome wasn't built in a day. Being critical of this team is our right as fans, but I don't think we should be asking for someone's head the moment something goes wrong. Vinny's resignation was a necessary start and eventually the Skins will finish in the right direction.

Patience, like firing your head coach before you hire the next one?

Yea depending on what direction Allen decides to go in, we might have to endure another couple bad seasons. But as long as we have a plan, are getting younger, etc then I'll take a couple bad seasons over the floundering mediocrity of a lot of recent seasons. I'd love for this team to look like the Packers or Saints of the past few years-- young, hungry, and building steam fast.

We have a plan? WCO?

We are getting younger? Hall, Landry, Horton, Thomas, Kelly, Mitchell, Mike Williams, Haynesworth, Tryon, Barnes, Rhinehart, Fred Davis, Orakpo, Jarmon, Moore.

You'd take "a couple bad seasons"? Last year and this year?

We didn't give the previous FO two years, no way the fanbase will give this new one two years.

Archived