Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Computer Help

OrangeSkin

Which narrator has the most mysterious narrator voice ?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which narrator has the most mysterious narrator voice ?

• Robert Stack
    • Bill Curtis
    • Other
    • I have never heard a narrator with a voice I find mysterious

I just came home from NYC, tried to hook my Mac up to the wireless. Sadly, my dad doesn't know either the network name or the password. I have no idea how to find it so I can hook my laptop up to the wireless. Does anyone know how I can recover this info so I can get on the wireless? Right now I am hooked up to an ethernet cord.

Try admin and admin for a username and password, if he doesnt know them he might not have changed them? from the factory defaults

oops i misunderstood.... umm dont have a mac so dont jnow how to tell you how to search for wireless networks in range, sorry

The WEP key should be written down somewhere. He should know it

If you have connected to the network before there might be programs that can retrieve the key off your computer and allow you wireless access.

He should know it, but it's been a few years I guess since he's needed it and he has no idea. He's like that. It's not a HUGE deal, I would just like to use the wireless. And this is a new laptop, so I haven't connected to the home network on it yet. I am locating a few programs that I think will help, though.

Now for some useful advice :D

You have three options here...

1. Try this software out on a machine that can connect to the network.

2. Hard reset the router and reconfigure it from the factory defaults.

3. Figure it out by intercepting the signal going between the wireless router and another computer and exploiting the weaknesses in wireless encryption.

I've never tried Option 1 but it's worth a shot and download.com is reasonably trustworthy. Option 2 should be a sure bet and what I would do just to make sure the settings are acceptable. Option 3 is complex and not worth the hassle.

He should know it, but it's been a few years I guess since he's needed it and he has no idea. He's like that. It's not a HUGE deal, I would just like to use the wireless. And this is a new laptop, so I haven't connected to the home network on it yet. I am locating a few programs that I think will help, though.

Just reset the wireless router or whatever device you all have and use.. and the default log in's are admin and admin when you type 192.168.1.1 into your browser..then you can set them all to what you'll remember and write them down for pops :) you can also create the home networks name after resetting to factory defaults so you know what to look for when connecting the laptop via wireless

most reset buttons on routers are on the back of them fyi

Archived