Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FredEx nabbed, then gabs

The extremist

GETTING arrested Sunday didn't keep Freddie Mitchell from the start of his radio gig yesterday.

Pennsylvania State Police pulled over the former Eagles wide receiver after clocking his silver Maserati at 81 m.p.h, NBCPhiladelphia.com reported.

Troopers discovered that Mitchell had an outstanding warrant from Indiana over failure to pay child support. He was taken to the Lower Merion Police Department and was released after a few hours.

Comcast SportsNet's Leslie Gudel posted on Twitter Sunday night that Mitchell had been arrested on a child-support issue.

Mitchell, on 97.5 The Fanatic all week from 10 a.m. to noon with Dan Schwartzman, promptly addressed the arrest on air yesterday and said he hadn't known there was a warrant out for his arrest, but acknowledged being behind on child support.

"They have, when it comes to parenting and custody, they have all the rights. I'm sorry but the women have all the rights," Mitchell said on air. "If they wanna do something on spite and have you not see your kids they can do it," he said, declining to elaborate more on the personal matter.

It was the broadcasting debut for Fred- Ex, who played baseball at UCLA with his friend Chase Utley and introduced the Phillies slugger to his future wife, Jen.

http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/78749587.html

so in addition to being a craptastic big-mouth no-hands-or-speed WR, he also isn't taking care of his kids...brilliant

He has enough talent to start...

Since when?

The fact that he's a former first round pick (overblown salary demands, I'm sure), has attitude issues, and is widely considered a huge bust doesn't put him in a good light with GMs, I'm sure. Not to mention he isn't all that big and has a definite lack of speed.

If I were a GM, I'd sign a young, cheap rookie as my number 5 as opposed to someone like Freddie Mitchell. I'm not surprised at all that no one wanted to sign him.

Archived