Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Florida State's Zebrie Sanders Doesn't Get Out of His Stance (wtf?? w/ video)

#98QBKiller

This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time...wtf is going on here?

http://backporch.fanhouse.com/2009/12/02/florida-states-zebrie-sanders-doesnt-get-out-of-his-stance/

There's a video w/ the story but the ESPN video is funnier:

Anyone notice this over the weekend?

Florida State's Zebrie Sanders Doesn't Get Out of His Stance

It was one of the strangest things you'll ever see in sports: An offensive lineman simply stayed in his stance after the snap, while the other 21 guys on the field played football.

The offensive lineman was Zebrie Sanders, a sophomore at Florida State, and it happened in Saturday's game against Florida. It looked like Florida State's center might have snapped the ball early, so it would be understandable if Sanders was slow to get out of his stance. But Sanders wasn't slow: He simply stayed frozen, not blocking or even moving while his quarterback ran for his life.

What was Sanders thinking? I don't know. As far as I can tell, no one asked Sanders about it after the game. It was a fairly insignificant play as far as its importance to Florida's lopsided win over Florida State, but it was the funniest highlight of the weekend.

They have been doing this all year. But it is supposed to be when the defense is offsides and they show discipline. I havent liked it becuase you can get a free play off of these sometimes and all 5 line man do not get out of their stance. This one he just messed up and thought they were offsides, I think.

Okay, I've heard several explanations for this.

Either he did it as a protest to the coach, or he did it out of discipline, to ensure the defenders get flagged for offsides, etc.

What was the real reason ?

Awful coaching.

They risked the health of the qb.

If it was a smart coaching move, every single team in the NFL would be doing it.

I would have fired the coach immediately, and sent him to the showers.

Okay, I've heard several explanations for this.

Either he did it as a protest to the coach, or he did it out of discipline, to ensure the defenders get flagged for offsides, etc.

What was the real reason ?

It's not a protest to anything. That's a ridiculous made up reason someone threw out in the other thread. No player on any team would do something like that as a "protest," as he'd be cut almost immediately, and Sanders is maybe FSU's 2nd best lineman.

It's a discipline thing that also further points out an offsides by the defense.

Awful coaching.

They risked the health of the qb.

If it was a smart coaching move, every single team in the NFL would be doing it.

I would have fired the coach immediately, and sent him to the showers.

I doubt you could name more than 3 players on the current FSU roster, let alone anyone on the coaching staff outside of Jimbo Fisher, Bowden, and Mickey Andrews.

Considering that you're an alumni, it's embarrassing to see the posts you make about the team and the school.

It's a discipline thing that also further points out an offsides by the defense.

I understand you are bitter.

You have only seen terrible Florida State teams for over a decade, and terrible Redskins teams for over a decade.

Timing is everything. Hopefully you will get a chance to see both of them play real football in the future.

As for the OP, it was a terrible coaching move.

If it was smart coaching, every team in both college and the pros would be doing it.

If Florida's O-line coach decided to risk Tebow's health with such a stupid move, he would be known as the worst coach in the county. And he would be fired immediately.

As this coach is, and should be.

Archived