Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defense Played Awesome, Blanche ?

Ynot

The defense played awesome other than given up a lot of run yards. Still had a chance to stop them at the end. Seems like we did not continue the game plan. we did mix up coverages and would bring a linebacker on every other play. Why did we not at least blitz once on the last dirve and why not have a spy on Romo sits to pee to attack when he gets out of the pocket.

You cannot let a quaterback get into a groove. They mixed it up all day and then at the end get very vanilla hoping not to give up the big play!!!

Yes the offense should score more, yes we had two missed field goals. But Great defenses step up when they need it. That is the only Problem I have with Blanche is that he seems to go into a soft protect at the end of games. OUr defense has given up way to many drives at end of games. The d line looked tired so they should have blitz some or dropped 8 and rushed three, something to mix it up,. Very frustrating...

The way the defense played, especially considering Haynesworth was out, was really impressive. Where was this in the Detroit/Philly/Carolina games? D-line had to be gassed at the end, they'd be run at all game (31 combined carries for Barber/Jones/Choice)...it's tough to ask them to come up with yet another stop. Not as tough to ask Suisham to hit a 39 yarder...

Yes, I think the team should be blanched.

;)

Great post! lol

They just did not mix it up on the last drive, they did not even fake the blitz. If they were gased and I am sure they were, I did not see any rotations and I would have rushed 3 and dropped 8 maybe on at least one down to mix it up.

Archived