Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Snider (Examiner): Skins have checked out

#98QBKiller

The thing that really bother me? The Skins have obviously checked out, but other, arguably worse teams talent-wise, our playing their tails off. Just look at the Lions and Bucs. They're still playing hard. Why is it that the Skins are the only ones to have checked out?

Because those teams are in rebuilding mode and are playing for the future. We are simply waiting to be blown up. Little different attitude.

A friend of mine has a theory that Both Snyder and Vinny will stay, that they will not change their philosophy. Instead the no cap thing will grant Snyder the opportunity to show that his philosophy can work by keeping the team as it is but bringing in high priced Depth behind the starters and a well known coach like cowher to make it work.

Instead of using the no cap year to really start over, he expects snyder to give it one last blast with no rules. it actually is a real possibility that snyder will not change at seeing the 2-14 record, instead he will just go over board next season since there is no cap.

That sounds like a very likely scenario, except for bringing in a Cowher or someone like him. I don't Cowher or any other desirable coach will come here without having complete control. That is, unless they plan on coming for only a year to take some of Danny's money.

Yeah...they have checked out, and the fans are following in droves.

However, I really hope they keep Zorn on until the rest of the year. Danny still has a reputation for impatience...and keeping him will likely help a bit when trying to find a replacement in a couple of months. Firing him now, with their typical bad-mouthing the person as they leave, will make public perception even worse. Then they might have to start combing the high schools to find their next coach.

Yeah...they have checked out, and the fans are following in droves.

However, I really hope they keep Zorn on until the rest of the year. Danny still has a reputation for impatience...and keeping him will likely help a bit when trying to find a replacement in a couple of months. Firing him now, with their typical bad-mouthing the person as they leave, will make public perception even worse. Then they might have to start combing the high schools to find their next coach.

Is that even possible??????

I do agree with you though, just not for the same reason. I just dont see a point in them letting Zorn go right now. There truly are no advantages to it, especially since he's been stripped of just about everything anyways. This season is gonna suck with or without him, might as well just let him finish it out.

A friend of mine has a theory that Both Snyder and Vinny will stay, that they will not change their philosophy. Instead the no cap thing will grant Snyder the opportunity to show that his philosophy can work by keeping the team as it is but bringing in high priced Depth behind the starters and a well known coach like cowher to make it work.

Instead of using the no cap year to really start over, he expects snyder to give it one last blast with no rules. it actually is a real possibility that snyder will not change at seeing the 2-14 record, instead he will just go over board next season since there is no cap.

Let's hope not.

And Cowher/Gruden/Shanahan/Holmgren/ etc. isn't the answer and would just set us up for another 4-5 years of laying a turd every year.

We need a coach that is hungry, not one coming out of retirement for a payday.

this really scare the crap out of me ... if this theory comes to fruition, then Dan Snyder is even dumber and clueless than I originally thought.

This is our get out of jail card ... this is the perfect time to let go of Portis/Moss/ARE and all the other high priced vets who aren't performing (Cooley isd the only one who stays).

And if he doesn't take advantage of this, and thinks he can buy his way out of this mess with ONE un-capped year ... then he is even more arrogant than already perceived, it will be arrogance beyond the pendulum.

This is our chance to start over and do it the right way ... and if Snyder blows this and leaves the fortune of this team in the hands of Vinny Cerrato, then we will all know its not about winning, its about winning HIS way.

Just like Jimmy Johnson said ... the ENTIRE coahcing staff, roster and FO needs to be blown the eff up!

This is what makes a strong case for a firery leader at QB. Although our OL needs the most help they really do not lead on field. If any of you watch Clausen he has the fire we need. He yells at coaches for not getting the play in on time, he'll yell at players for not running correct routes. Name one other NFL caliber QB who leads like that in college?

PS Tebow is not going to be a solid NFL QB

Archived