Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 or 5 for Jacobs????

Lachey79

In the most recent post article it said that jacobs was going to sign tomorrow but his agent was quoted as saying it was unclear whether it would be a 4 or 5 year deal. Im a little disturbed by this, I was really hoping he'd get 5yrs and thought that it was gonna happen. :mad:

So what should we expect??

I know the Browns are trying to get all their picks to sign 5 yr deals, this has caused all of their picks to hold out as the players are looking for 4 yr deals. Part of the thinking of NFL clubs to sign players to 5 yr deals instead of 4 yr deals, was brought upon by the Skins raiding the Jets of their RFA's.

Well, one can't really use the Browns to show any league trends, unless it is the trend for drafting high busts and losing their ass with them.

Cleveland hasn't really done much this offseason to show much brain activity up there. They cut all their linebackers, and now want to sweep acrosss their draft with five year deals.

Wow, how'd you like to be a 5th round pick offered 350,000 bucks and a 150,000 dollar bonus to be spread out over five years? That's just a guess off the top of my head, but I am figuring that anyone after the fourth round isn't seeing much more than that.

Granted, MYSELF, I'd take a hundred grand a year, but the bonus is all that is guaranteed, so basically they could be signing a contract for 30 grand a year in guaranteed cash.

Way to go Browns. Very creative.

~Bang

managers don't care about the cap....all they care about is their cut of the deal......though it would be great if he signed a 10 year 11 million $ deal, it won't happen, he's probably happy to get what he's being givin, but he manager is saying ask for more......greedy managers slow down the signing prosses.....

ex: big daddy....

Archived