Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where does this imagination come from?

fred davis will be good he just has to learn how to block! no imagination! theres a reason why our 3 2nd rounders arent performing.... yes.. look at the source! the root cause!!!! yup you got it the qb and o-line.... no qb can do good without an o-line and no o-line is as old as ours!

Congratulations to Vinny Cerrato for having Fred Davis on deck. 2009 not over yet!

If he hadn't traded down last year, he could have gotten Sam Baker for LT who is now starting for the Falcons and doing well.

Instead he chose to get Fred Davis in front of Cooley who has been more healthy than Samuels (make no mistake, Samuels had started a ton of games and missed few going into '08, but the same could have been said about Cooley, and Samuels had started to get banged up consistently the last couple of years).

Then why has it taken a season and a half to see him, he was beat out in camp by Kelly as well. I think I will give it sometime before judging him a non-bust, which for now he is. I do root for him though, one can hope.

I'll withhold judgment on DT until he plays on a team that has a quarterback that can throw the ball outside the numbers.

As far as Fred Davis goes, anyone who regularly watched him play at USC knows that the dude can ball, and was a TD machine. We're just now seeing that now that Cooley's down, being that 99% of offensive packages do not call for two pass catching tight ends. Before he was used mostly on silly gimmick plays like end-arounds, which he isn't suited for.

I'm not saying he's Anotonio Gates, but I will say that over the next couple of weeks that he might surprise a lot of people on this board.

Archived