Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forgot to Watch the game - Didn't Miss it!

PlayAction

So for the first time in 30+ years I forgot that the Skins were playing last night. Worse.....I opened the newspaper this morning and thought eh..so what!

I think I've been frustrated with the team since the hiring of Spurrier. Gibbs only masked my discontent.....it's hard to get angry at Gibbs. Now, I'm not sure there's really anything that can get me back to root for the team like I used to do. Forget the coaching change...been there done that.

There's no hope unless Snyder sells the team or makes a Schottenheimer move and gives up team control to a strong GM. I can watch the Skins through a 3+ year building process. But, it's not worth my time to care about a continued exercise in futility.

One positive - if you stop caring you won't be grouchy on Sunday anymore.

So for the first time in 30+ years I forgot that the Skins were playing last night. Worse.....I opened the newspaper this morning and thought eh..so what!

I think I've been frustrated with the team since the hiring of Spurrier. Gibbs only masked my discontent.....it's hard to get angry at Gibbs. Now, I'm not sure there's really anything that can get me back to root for the team like I used to do. Forget the coaching change...been there done that.

There's no hope unless Snyder sells the team or makes a Schottenheimer move and gives up team control to a strong GM. I can watch the Skins through a 3+ year building process. But, it's not worth my time to care about a continued exercise in futility.

One positive - if you stop caring you won't be grouchy on Sunday anymore.

= Fair weather fan

Archived