Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn backers:Reason 4 'Skins downfall=his own EGO! <long>

Area51

****IN UNRELATED NEWS******

ESPN TICKER HAS JUST REPORTED THAT CHRIS SAMUELS WILL RETIRE DUE TO HIS INJURY.

He will be severely missed, and maybe now that he is gone people will finally realize what a truely great player he really was.

What evidence do you need?

Did you watch the games from last year?

Did you not notice the offense looking "different" in the Steelers game (the first Giants too, IIRC) than in the other 7 games before the bye?

No, absolutely not. Our offense actually began struggling when we played the Browns and then the Lions. We won those games, so it wasn't as important. Once the Steelers came in and our struggling offense cost us a loss, than it became a major issue and rightfully so.

You're actually the one who seems to have not paid attention to the games last year closely enough.

Funny how the change was so clear...yet this is the first time you mentioned it - almost a full year later.

Oh, so you've read my entire post history?

Oh yea, it was after all those conversations that we had. You're right, I never mentioned it come to think of it. :sarcasm:

No, absolutely not. Our offense actually began struggling when we played the Browns and then the Lions. We won those games, so it wasn't as important. Once the Steelers came in and our struggling offense cost us a loss, than it became a major issue and rightfully so.

You're actually the one who seems to have not paid attention to the games last year closely enough.

At least I have a link for "some" kind of data to back me up.

From the links I've posted-

" rotating.php?image=43

Redskins Steelers 2nd Quarter

Nov 4th, 2008 by Rich Tandler.

14:43—It’s turned into a defensive struggle as neither team can sustain a drive. Campbell took a sack on third and five to kill the Skins last drive before it ever really got started.

12:43—London Fletcher smelled out a flat pass to Moore and dumped him, knocking out the ball for a harmless third and two incompletion. Another three and out for the Skins defense. I swear that Fletcher hangs out in the offensive huddle from time to time.

11:13—A 43-yard pass interference penalty on Rogers gives the Steelers their best scoring threat so far. Rogers didn’t see the ball and Hines Ward did and Carlos hit him early. Even if they don’t gain another yard they’re in field goal range for Jeff Reed.

8:40—A Demetric Evans sack on third and two puts the Steeler field goal team out.

FG Reed 35

Redskins 6, Steelers 3

The Steelers gained 62 yards on the scoring drive, 43 of which were on the PI call.

7:08—So far, Ben Roethlisberger, the Steelers’ $100 million man, is 3 for 13 for 27 yards.

6:00—Jason Campbell isn’t a whole lot better, 6-13 for 38.

5:33—Rogers drops a pick six. Just a flat-out drop. You have got to make that play. A 13-3 lead in this game would have been enormous.

4:16—The Redskins are settling in to more of a traditional West Cost scheme with short passes in running situations. It’s not working very well so far but if Moss breaks a tackle. . .

2:11—The Redskins don’t get the pick six out of Rogers. The Steelers do get a blocked punt and now they have a first and goal at the 13. This after Cooley is tackled about a half a yard short of the first down line on third down. A big sequence there.

Roethlisberger 1 run (Reed kick)

Steelers 10, Redskins 6"

We were up 6-0, CP had the longest run the Steelers D had given up all year, and the Steelers went up 10-6 at halftime thanks to a blocked punt.

This is against the #1 defense in the league (and one of the best D's in recent memory).

Shaun Alexander was signed prior to the Steelers game. And no, it wasn't because of his great talent or contributions he could've make on the field-Rock friggin' Cartwright looked better than he did.

I don't get it...not sure Z suddenly changed things during the Steelers game for his ego..he was getting plenty of credit for the hot start...we got exposed by the the super bowl winning team as not "tough" enough on the o-line...clear and simple to me...then lefty got hot...and all the sudden we got shook up and faced a buzzsaw of tough teams...our o-line and offense was just not tough or good enough...I remember Campbell getting rocked and no olineman went to even help him up....total BS...our oline has sucked...hope we get hot!

I do agree about the Seattle playoff game...I was there...Swishy hits that kick or Cooley makes that catch or Betts makes a fricken blitz pickup I think we go to the Super Bowl. I watched Swishy in warm ups....I saw it coming...awful and the Seahawks kept talking to him...long conversations btween swishy and seahawk coaches...weird...they got in his head for sure.

http://realredskins.com/2008/11/what-redskins-fans-should-be-thankful-for.html

# Clinton Portis—Clearly, he brings on a lot of the criticism he takes himself with comments like the one he made about the offensive line. But his productivity speaks for itself. Did you know that his average of 113.5 yards per game from scrimmage is the fourth-best of all time? Only Jim Brown, LaDainian Tomlinson, and Barry Sanders have better averages. Sometime next year Portis will surpass 10,000 career rushing yards. And in the what have you done for me lately category, he leads the NFL in rushing and is the engine that makes the offense of the 7-4 Redskins run.

# Jim Zorn—The stay-medium but play suddenly, judiciously dice-rolling, hip-hip-hooraying head coach of the Redskins appears to have been quite a find for the Redskins. Few are describing him as the worst hire in the history of the NFL as they were last February when he got a quick promotion from offensive coordinator to head coach. He has scaled back his brutal honesty with the press to some degree, not wanting to alienate himself from his players, but he still makes conversations interesting. His offense still is learning on the job and needs a few new pieces but Zorn has a vision and he is working towards it."

=============================================================

I don't know how you feel about CP, as many Skins fans severely underestimate his value and worth as a player and the only person on offense that isn't afraid to lead, but when you have a RB that has produced like that, then you should be able to do a little bit more with your passing game. You would think an ex-QB would know how to make some pass plays work.

People say our O-Line sucks, and I've been hearing it for years now. Yet, somehow, CP has that amazing stat in a ridiculous elite category of only 4 players in NFL HISTORY.

Let me get this straight- It's all our OL's fault, yet CP has all-time great numbers. Our WRs are horrible but Todd Collins comes in starting the second half, with no preparation, 1st-string practice reps, and is at least able to Hit Moss for a long bomb immediately. Then CP, who also apparently sucks, is able to break free for 70 yards (unfortunately he couldn't score because he has very little stamina after having to fight for ever inch he gets in the first half).

With Collins, our offense showed at the very least, SOME sign of life. Yet Jim Zorn, who has been stripped of his manhood, I mean playcalling duties, STILL DECIDES THAT CAMPBELL WILL REMAIN THE STARTER.

I guess you can blame Snyder for that one.

I don't get it...not sure Z suddenly changed things during the Steelers game for his ego..he was getting plenty of credit for the hot start...we got exposed by the the super bowl winning team as not "tough" enough on the o-line...clear and simple to me...then lefty got hot...and all the sudden we got shook up and faced a buzzsaw of tough teams...our o-line and offense was just not tough or good enough...I remember Campbell getting rocked and no olineman went to even help him up....total BS...our oline has sucked...hope we get hot!

I do agree about the Seattle playoff game...I was there...Swishy hits that kick or Cooley makes that catch or Betts makes a fricken blitz pickup I think we go to the Super Bowl. I watched Swishy in warm ups....I saw it coming...awful and the Seahawks kept talking to him...long conversations btween swishy and seahawk coaches...weird...they got in his head for sure.

You know there are always multiple point of views / different perspectives on everything.

What you saw is an O-Line not giving a **** about their QB.

But did you ask yourself WHY they chose not to do that?

And if our O-Line sucks, why is that CP has had such an impressive career. And please, don't bring up Denver, he only spent two years there.

I see you found a way to give Gibbs credit for Zorn's 6-2 start. With your gift for creative logic, I'm surprised you didn't find a way to blame Zorn for trading away draft picks between 2004 and 2006. Then you could blame him for the team's major problem, the sorry state of the neglected O-line. I guess you could also blame Zorn for messing up Jason Campbell's mechanics which were prefect when we spent three high picks for him in the 2005 draft.

Yeah, it's a wonder he hasn't been blamed for hiring himself; oh right, Gibbs was involved in that.

Another note about our supposedly horrible OL:

-Do you guys feel that we have the WORST OL in the league?

-Are we supposed to have All-Pros/Pro Bowlers at every single position?

-If the Cowboys lost Flozell Adams, or if The Patriots lose Matt Light, etc., do you guys actually think they have someone all ready to go out there and perform at a level that is even close to the starter?

-The Cowboys have spent A LOT of 2-5th round draft picks on OL the past few years. Ask Cowboys fans how they feel about them.

-Speaking of horrible OLs, I would say GB without a doubt has a MUCH worse OL than we do, and Rodgers keeps getting knocked around. Speaking of which, how does Rodgers compare to Campbell in terms of performance, stats, wins, and as a QB overall? Keep in mind that Rodgers doesn't have a guy like CP that other offenses have to worry about.

You know there are always multiple point of views / different perspectives on everything.

What you saw is an O-Line not giving a **** about their QB.

But did you ask yourself WHY they chose not to do that?

And if our O-Line sucks, why is that CP has had such an impressive career. And please, don't bring up Denver, he only spent two years there.

Are you serious? You said it yourself in a post earlier in the thread, "HE HAS TO FIGHT FOR EVERY INCH." Our O-Line has 5 players, the most out of any other position on the football team. Cerrato and Snyder have drafted more RECEIVERS than O-Lineman. We haven't drafted an O-Lineman in the first two rounds since Chris Samuels in 2000. The rest of the O-Line consists of mid-to-late third round draft picks and an undrafted tackle.

You even made a statement about Todd Collins and how he was able to play against KC. He still didn't lead our team into the endzone. Not to mention he was under harassment by the KC DEFENSE for most of the time he was in the game, he did get sacked for a safety....

Archived