Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

White House Loses Bid to Exclude Fox News From Pay Czar Interview

USS Redskins

Fox News received treatment that MSNBC did not. Also, MSNBC's treatment of Bush was never on the same level as Fox's treatment of Obama.

:hysterical::hysterical:

do you even watch MSNBC? Olberman alone surpasses Fox in his treatment of GWB and the GOP. Hell, last night Maddow had to issue an apology for being wrong about the media and GWB. I hope her crow tasted good. Maybe you don't care what they say since you seem to feel the same way. :whoknows:

I'm starting to think you have amnesia most of the time. You always come across so confused when someone responds to you, and you forget what you have posted. Anyway, to refresh your memory on what you wrote...

I come across as "confused" when people give irrelevant, drive-by responses, such yours, devoid of context to what you are responding. MAYBE you should have actually quoted the words to which you are responding, eh? This is forum posting 101 type stuff . . . read "Internet Posting for Dummies" if you don't understand.

And I know about the Bill O"Reilly interview, but, at this time, during the conflict between the WH and FNC, he hasn't made any recent interviews. That is part of this current contention between the two sides.

Apparently you don't get it.

:hysterical::hysterical:

do you even watch MSNBC? Olberman alone surpasses Fox in his treatment of GWB and the GOP. Hell, last night Maddow had to issue an apology for being wrong about the media and GWB. I hope her crow tasted good. Maybe you don't care what they say since you seem to feel the same way. :whoknows:

Olbermann was harsh against Bush on his POLICIES. That is the key difference. Comparing Obama to Osama has NOTHING to do with that. Much of Fox News is one ad hominem rant after another, devoid if any substance.

And God know what you mean by your last garbled sentence . . .

If there is a presidential press pool, then yes he kind of is.

again, this isnt about what he can or cannot do anyway, its about what he should or shouldnt do as a sitting president.

Fox is ALLOWED into Presidential news pools -- in spite of their cries, they have not been blacklisted.

Fox is ALLOWED into Presidential news pools -- in spite of their cries, they have not been blacklisted.

You did read the OP right?

This whole thread is about an attempt to exclude them from the pool for an interview. Just because the other members of the pool rejected that notion and forced the wh to concede doesnt mean that the attempt wasnt made.

you are being rather silly and myopic on this now.

You did read the OP right?

This whole thread is about an attempt to exclude them from the pool for an interview. Just because the other members of the pool rejected that notion and forced the wh to concede doesnt mean that the attempt wasnt made.

you are being rather silly and myopic on this now.

This as one interview, when Fox was going to be replaced by someone at Bloomberg. com. Just last week, I saw a member of Obama's administration interviewed on Fox News.

As it is, FOX MADE THE INTERVIEW that is the subject of controversy.

You cannot make the claim that Fox is being "black listed" over this interview. If it hands over a period of time, then yes, perhaps the claim can be made.

Myopic is making "black listing claims" over this one interview, and ignoring the behavior of Fox in the past: A narrow focus that excludes all other factors in this issue. Who's really being myopic over this?

My position is simple -- I understand Obama's reluctance to engage Fox News.

This as one interview, when Fox was going to be replaced by someone at Bloomberg. com. Just last week, I saw a member of Obama's administration interviewed on Fox News.

As it is, FOX MADE THE INTERVIEW that is the subject of controversy.

You cannot make the claim that Fox is being "black listed" over this interview. If it hands over a period of time, then yes, perhaps the claim can be made.

Myopic is making "black listing claims" over this one interview, and ignoring the behavior of Fox in the past.

Yes, Fox was able to keep the interview despite the wh efforts to ban them from it. Still a stupid attempt, no matter how you slice it.

I'm certain I didnt make a black listed claim, only that it's ridiculous and rather stupid for the wh to try and marginalize a major network.

I dont know what to say to you if you cant see this obvious and simple fact. A fact that many who are in strong support of the president also see clearly.

Yes, Fox was able to keep the interview despite the wh efforts to ban them from it. Still a stupid attempt, no matter how you slice it.

I'm certain I didnt make a black listed claim, only that it's ridiculous and rather stupid for the wh to try and marginalize a major network.

I dont know what to say to you if you cant see this obvious and simple fact. A fact that many who are in strong support of the president also see clearly.

More then once, before I recently reiterated my stance, I said that I am fine with the President's POV -- considering their treatment of the man in the past -- to avoid giving preferential treatment to Fox (which does marginalize them, somewhat).

I know Fox has been marginalized: I just said that it was understandable, as I just explained in my previous sentence. I never argued that Fox WASN'T being marginalized, but I DID say that they have PUBLIC ACCESS just like any other news media. Their "marginalization" only goes so far, and as I said, they are not black listed. (Which is the claims that Fox and their supporters are basically making.)

I don't know why you can't see the obvious, either.

Maybe you need to read my responses before twisting my position into something it isn't. After all, my position ain't hard to understand.

Huh?

More then once, before I recently reiterated my stance, I said that I am fine with the President's POV - considering their treatment of the man in the past -- to avoid giving preferential treatment to Fox (which does marginalize them, somewhat).

I know Fox has been marginalized -- I just said that it was understandable. I never argued that Fox WASN'T being marginalized, but I DID say that they have PUBLIC ACCESS just like any other news media. Their "marginazliation" only goes so far -- as I said, they are not black listed.

I don't know why you can't see the obvious, either.

Maybe you need to read my responses before twisting my position into something it isn't.

not sure what you feel was twisted. You appear to be one of the only folks here (left, right and middle) who is giving the wh a free pass on this one.

I'm sure there are some others, but you are in the minority.

that said, I still respect your opinion (even when it is wrong!:D)

not sure what you feel was twisted. You appear to be one of the only folks here (left, right and middle) who is giving the wh a free pass on this one.

Re-read my previous post, if you would.

In your post, you said, "You cant see this obvious and simple fact. A fact that many who are in strong support of the president also see clearly."

I see it clearly, as I have from the start. I just don't have as much of an issue with it since I despise Fox News. I have said this over and over again: My position ain't that complex!

Yes, by principle, all media should have equal access, but since Fox had unequal ("unprecedented") access during the Bush years, trumpeted that fact, and then complain when they don't have that access with Obama, it is hard for me to be sympathetic.

I'm sure there are some others, but you are in the minority.

that said, I still respect your opinion (even when it is wrong!:D)

I don't care if I am in the minority (or the majority), and I have never cared about that. My view is my view, and people don't like it, then too bad.

Respect back at ya. :)

• 2 weeks later...
in spite of their cries, they have not been blacklisted.

nope, not blacklisted at all.:doh:

(BTW, I still cant stand Fox, but thought this was interesting considerring the things said in this thread.)

Democratic consultant says he got a warning from White House after appearing on Fox News

'We better not see you on again,' the strategist says he was told by a White House official. Obama aides have taken an aggressive stance against the network and may be seeking to isolate it.

eporting from Washington - At least one Democratic political strategist has gotten a blunt warning from the White House to never appear on Fox News Channel, an outlet that presidential aides have depicted as not so much a news-gathering operation as a political opponent bent on damaging the Obama administration.

Political consultants are a staple of cable television talk shows, analyzing current events based on their own experiences working on campaigns or in government.

One Democratic strategist said that shortly after an appearance on Fox, he got a phone call from a White House official telling him not to be a guest on the show again. The call had an intimidating tone, he said.

The message was, " 'We better not see you on again,' " said the strategist, who spoke on condition of anonymity so as not to run afoul of the White House. An implicit suggestion, he said, was that "clients might stop using you if you continue."

In urging Democratic consultants to spurn Fox, White House officials might be trying to isolate the network and make it appear more partisan.

A boycott by Democratic strategists could also help drive the White House narrative that Fox is a fundamentally different creature than the other TV news networks. For their part, White House officials appear on Fox News -- but sporadically and with "eyes wide open," as one aide put it.

David Plouffe, the president's campaign manager and author of a new campaign book, "The Audacity to Win," was scheduled to appear on Fox's "On the Record" with Greta Van Susteren Thursday night as he promotes his book. His appearance, preempted by the breaking news of the shootings at Ft. Hood, Texas, has been rescheduled for Monday.

White House Communications Director Anita Dunn said Thursday night that she had checked with colleagues who "deal with TV issues" and they had not told people to avoid Fox. On the contrary, they had urged people to appear on the network, Dunn wrote in an e-mail.

But Patrick Caddell, a Fox News contributor and a former pollster for President Carter, said he has spoken to Democratic consultants who have been told by the White House to avoid appearances on Fox. He declined to give their names.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-obama-fox7-2009nov07,0,7720786.story

Archived