Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

newsday: Misdirection Play on Coles 7/22

MOskins56

Well, I know I didn't vote in that poll. Wonder who did ... Mr. Hard? Or jbooma? Or Blade? Art, maybe? Henry? Blondie? Bufford? AJWatson III? MOSkins56? Maybe Blazers21. Or Joe a Cowboys Fan. Or One Dollar. Or ...

Wait a minute.

Why would non-Jet fans vote in that particular poll?

Hmm. :)

What are the Jets supposed to do? Get on their knees and cry? What team wouldn't act this way? Whether they will miss Coles will show on the field, not in the clubhouse. I would expect any team to react like this. What good does it do them if they all say that they miss him, their offense is going to suffer greatly because Coles isn't there. This doesn't surprise me.

Originally posted by Flowtrain

Please don't insult Mr. Hard by inferring that his "world" consists of 5,000 internet geeks who bothered to vote in CNNSI's poll.

However, I do happen to agree with him that Gardner seems underrated.

Don't bite the hand that feeds you :thud:

What are the Jets supposed to do? Get on their knees and cry? What team wouldn't act this way? Whether they will miss Coles will show on the field, not in the clubhouse. I would expect any team to react like this. What good does it do them if they all say that they miss him, their offense is going to suffer greatly because Coles isn't there. This doesn't surprise me.

Yeah, but saying their team is better with the loss of Coles? What is that?

What Pennington should have said was something like

"Yeah, Coles was a big loss, but I believe we have guys here who can step up, so we don't miss a beat" or something to that effect.

To say they're better is an outright lie.

For the record, in 2001 the Chargers had Norv as their OC. I don't think many would confuse his offense with a Marty-Ball attack.

And Cam Cameron, a Norv disciple, is currently their OC. While Marty would never let him go full throttle, I think he was directed to open things up somewhat.

Archived