Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Bottom Line(s)

armada58

Forget what you believe. Forget blind optimism. Forget reactionary rants. Forget all of it. Bottom line, here's what we KNOW.

Bottom Line.......... Jason Campbell is a good QB, but not a Franchise QB. And, he never will be. He makes just enough good plays during a game to make you think he can be awesome, but enough gaffes to leave you doubting. The excuse of him having to learn multiple offenses is just that, an excuse. Doesn't matter whether you play in the same offense for 10 years or have to learn a new one every year. No offense teaches you to stare down WR's and every offense requires you to be able to read defenses. Campbell still can't do either. He will go on to be the best backup in the NFL. We tried. We gave him his shot. He just isn't good enough.

Bottom Line.......... Because of the above, we'll never truly know about Devin Thomas, Malcolm Kelly, etc. Since neither guy is going anywhere, we'll just have to wait until 2011 to make a final determination.

Bottom Line.......... O-Line is the #1 reason we can't do anything on offense and the weakest part of the team. Funny, because we already KNEW THAT before 2008 was even over.

Bottom Line.......... We're headed for rebuilding next year. AGAIN! It's unavaoidable and guaranteed. And, it sucks. We're sick of rebuilding. The entire Coaching staff from this year will be gone.

Bottom Line.......... We know all of the above, and it's only the 5th week of the 2009 season. We've got 12 more weeks to go and they're not going to be enjoyable.

Bottom Line.......... Our defense is great. Top 5 in the NFL. It's not All-World, though. Only an All-World type Defense can overcome this bad of an offense.

Bottom Line.......... Orakpo is going to be great.

Bottom Line.......... Without a Cap and the supposed deepest draft class in 25 years, you could not have picked a better year to rebuild that 2010.

Bottom Line.......... If Vinny is running the show, the above fact becomes meaningless.

Bottom Line.......... Portis is D-O-N-E.

What else do we KNOW??

I actually am in the blow the team up group. Campbell is a good qb, but he hasn't produced enough and after five years whether it is fair or not it's about him. You can't blame systems. You can't blame the o-line. You have to judge him. I think it's true that no qb would excel with our o line or run game, but that's irrelevent. You have to judge him at some point and he's a good qb who can't get it done. He's also a qb that it looks like his receivers and o-line don't fight for and don't believe in.

So, Campbell has to go. I'd also get rid of Portis, Betts, Moss, Sellers, Randle El, Zorn, Cerrato, and a whole host of others. It's time to wipe the slate as clean as you can. This isn't a patch job. This requires a full reconstruction.

How can you say Portis is done so definitively, and also claim that our offensive line is the weakness of the team? What if OL was the strong point of our team? How would CP be doing?

Because when CP does get room to run, he no longer has the legs/speed to make anyone miss in the open field. He has had the chance to make some big runs, but doesn't have the speed anymore. CP has too much mileage.

i actually am in the blow the team up group. Campbell is a good qb, but he hasn't produced enough and after five years whether it is fair or not it's about him. You can't blame systems. You can't blame the o-line. You have to judge him. I think it's true that no qb would excel with our o line or run game, but that's irrelevent. You have to judge him at some point and he's a good qb who can't get it done. He's also a qb that it looks like his receivers and o-line don't fight for and don't believe in.

So, campbell has to go. I'd also get rid of portis, betts, moss, sellers, randle el, zorn, cerrato, and a whole host of others. It's time to wipe the slate as clean as you can. This isn't a patch job. This requires a full reconstruction.

+1

Archived