Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Telecomm Help Please

Springfield

As most of you know, I manage an auto shop here in Springfield. I'm on the phone for the better part of any business day. It gets very busy and I think our current phone situation is terrible.

As of right now, we have four lines for the business (and don't plan on expanding). We also have a dedicated credit card/fax machine line and a private line, but I don't think that either of those two will be the problem. We also have another line for our ATM machine that is at the fueling station. We have seven lines incoming total but only four that we use for general in/out calling.

So my main problem... we are still using corded phones. The typical corded phones that accept four lines and can select any line, transfer calls, place on hold, etc. My problem is in the corded phones.

My question...

What would it take for us to be able to use cordless phones? In particular, cordless phones where I can use a headset to relieve the stress on my neck day in and day out.

It seems that there is some sort of control box that takes all of the phone lines and directs them to the right phones and so on. I've googled cordless phone systems and it seems very simple, but the (higher up) people thing that it would be expensive and technically difficult.

How much would setting up something like this cost? What kind of technical troubles would I run into? Could we do it ourselves?

Thanks to all of the experienced ES'ers out there willing to lend a hand.

Archived