Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Eric Mangini might be worst NFL coaching hire ever (Redskins mention)

Jeffro

...letting Gregg W. slip away....
This will go down as potentially his worst mistake. Snyder did not like Williams, and based his decision on his dislike. When Williams left, any and all of the legacy of Joe Gibbs left with him. Essentially it was post Norv all over again and another 8 years of wandering the desert.

Im really tired of people kissing Marty Crappenheimer's ass on this site.

He has never won anything in 4234234239420349 years of coaching.

He alienates veteran players like no other coach, he's released players like Junior Seau and treated our own Darrell Green like dog****!

He runs the most boring offense known to man

He's a complete *******

Ive gotten really tired of people thinking we fired jesus. I was pissed when we hired him, but relieved when he was fired. Just because he is better than Zorn or Spurrier doesnt make him a good coach.

And yet he made Coference championships.

spurrier was not a match for the NFL, by his own players' accounts, I've never heard of a more apethetic, incompatable coach for the pros but the hire was understandable due to the demand he was in (I wouldn't expect our FO to be acute enough to weed out a coach despite public demand for him)...

zorn's hire bothers me because everything was ass backwards.. we hired the staff around him first (which he was a part of), which in turn alienated the other candidates we wanted before zorn... zorn wasn't so much a process of elimination as much as he was a process of incompetency by vinny and danny...

zorn may not be among the worst hires, but the process in hiring him has to top the list...

I typically don't write on the boards but I absolutely agree with your position. How ever incompetent the hire of Zorn was/is, the process of his selection and hiring of his staff prior to his eventual selection was the most egregious offense of all.

Archived