Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WPC: Blood in the water

JimmiJo

I guess I'm not doing a good job...my apologies.

Again, I admit that this is just my perception and could be totally incorrect, but I don't get the feeling that Vinny really has a plan on how to fill our OL needs, backfill for CP at running back, continue to pursue a franchise QB (maybe), add LB depth, etc.

Basically, you see teams who constantly draft OL and DL despite being pretty well-set at those positions. It just seems we go into each off-season and just wait to see what shakes out.

When you draft the BPA to fit your scheme, and you are doing essentially the same thing in free agency and trades, trying to recognize and seize opportunities as they arise, need becomes secondary. So, there is no order, no plan, to it.

The idea is that, by building a roster this way, you will hit for a higher batting average and needs will be filled in all areas over the long term. It's not a win-now approach. A win-now approach would have filled needs in 2009. We would have drafted Oher or overpaid for the best OT available in free agency rather than spend on Haynesworth.

Archived