Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oh! Danny... B-O-Y! The fantasy football KING!(Merged)

Redskinjoe

Where did I defend anyone from anything?

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Stay in school.

I thought you might say this. I also expected you to come across as condescending and arrogant in your response. I've seen your type before on message boards.

What is your position on Snyder then? You seemed very eager to shoot down someone who was criticising him. I understand that what you said was more a criticism of the OP's logic, but why go to all that trouble?

Most of this thread is about Snyder so let's hear your views.

I thought you might say this. I also expected you to come across as condescending and arrogant in your response.[/Quote]

That wasn't condescending or arrogant.

That was good advice.

You, sir, were arrogant to presume my position without sufficient evidence. You, sir, condescended me by juxtaposing your thoughts the way you did.

If you have trouble understanding that, then you obviously do not the understand the words you used.

I've seen your type before on message boards.[/Quote]

This is arrogant, too.

Which, considering your preceding statement, is hypocritical.

What is your position on Snyder then?[/Quote]

Thank you for putting aside your own arrogance and finally asking my opinion, instead of presuming to know my opinion.

Dan has effectively run this team into the ground from the beginning. Personally, I find most of his decisions have been questionable, some of them downright disgusting. Marty should have been given more time. Spurrier was a joke. Lloyd and Archuleta are much easier to criticize in hindsight, but still bad decisions by a man who should have had more insight than any fan had. The list goes on in both directions relative to time during his reign.

That being said, I feel that his approach has changed at least a little over the past two seasons. He may have tried to once again attempt to mortgage our future for Cutler and Sanchez, but he failed, and who here would have faulted him for securing a true "franchise" QB? Other than that, he signed the best DT in the NFL. The money involved is not our concern. We have a couple of really good draft classes on the verge of paying off. We have hope for the long term, which is a better reality than we have known for some time.

He is still not my hero. But saying that things haven't changed and nothing has been learned is arrogance verging on ignorance. He is a fan as much as he is the owner. I'm sure he wants to field a winning team. I'm sure someday he will, hopefully sooner rather than later.

You seemed very eager to shoot down someone who was criticising him.[/Quote]

Arrogance, again.

At the very least, presumptuous.

How did I seem "eager?"

I understand that what you said was more a criticism of the OP's logic, but why go to all that trouble?[/Quote]

Because one's argument is far more important the the point of one's argument. It is a matter of credibility and understanding.

The OP picked a bad vehicle.

Arguing based on "it" is like an argument based on invisible two-horned unicorns.

Most of this thread is about Snyder so let's hear your views.

Again, thank you for your interest.

I shared my opinion, but let me say this:

I find this discussion an exercise in futility.

Snyder cannot be fired.

Snyder does not play on Sunday.

I will be a Redskin fan regardless of ownership or outcome.

So I don't see what good or change can come of it.

I'm glad that, while "it" cannot be defined, the OP has come up with the formula for achieving it.

In fact, basking in the sure brilliance of your sound and irrefutable logic, my skull cracked from the unbearable pressure of such and ouroboros existential dilemma being so skillfully and painlessly presented in such an obvious manner.

Seriously, though, think about what you are doing and saying:

You are claiming to understand the indefinable "it" and further asserting that you understand some formula that will bring about the indefinable "it."

Maybe you should write a book.

Call it, "I have no clue what I'm talking about, but I mean every word of it."

I'm sure you'd sell a million copies to a million people who are equally clueless as to what you are talking about.

In the meantime, I will be discussing the benefits of achieving the indefinable "that" over the benefits of achieving the indefinable "it."

1) "That" is achieved by only the most elite of elite teams and is done so by brain probing potential draft picks and ultimately stealing their souls through a complex and controversial memory extraction technique. The information gleaned from such a procedure guarantees years of success without having to worry about the humdrum and controversy of the day to day politics of running an organization.

2) "That" is extremely hard to achieve for the Redskins because the team does not build teams trough the draft, therefore making the pre-draft brain probing technique obsolete. Attempts have been made to probe free agents, but, unfortunately, they refuse to remove their helmets, a hiccup that no one had previously anticipated.

3) "That" is superior to "it" because it involves physical processes and empirical evidence. While "it" exists only in the abstract as an immeasurable account of a team’s ability to gel, execute, and subsequently win, "that" is something that can be controlled and refined and tracked through charts and tables. Once the brain probing technique is modified to account for free agents refusal to remove their helmets, we will once again be able to compete in the NFC East, and hopefully the NFL.

This is just the beginning. Once "that" catches on, once everyone claims to be able to understand how "that" works, it will totally change the way us mediocre teams approach the game of football. The future is very bright. The future is "that," not "it."

draft_lens1957075module9243266photo_1208983673Department_of_Redundancy_Department.gif

You called?

jykpoo. The perspective you have provided of the obvious error I made creating this thread has brought me to my proverbial knees. I cannot describe 'that' which I do not possess or have never truly experienced in the realm of human reality.

Essentially... I am standing in the shower at the end of the game thinking I have 'IT' by comparison alone. You walk in exposing 'THAT' and totally overshadow my dream of being 'THE ONE'.

What was once a tangible concept of status is now an abstract hope... a shattered dream once realized in perception has vanished. Never to return again.

Wait! I know I will never have 'THAT'. I know 'THAT' cannot be purchased but can be sold by the illusion of perception alone. You have neglected to consider this perspective. 'IT' and 'THAT' are the same for those who have actually realized the possibility of their existence.

What has to occur is Danny B-O-Y needs to shower with the boys.

THAT's IT!

But... but ... its always easier to grab the pitchforks and torches and start going after snyder!!!

I mean he knocked the ball out Campbell's hands causing the fumble and he called up Laron on the field and told him to hit jacobs out of bounds!

In all fairness, nobody that is complaining about Snyder and how the team is run is referring to a fumble, interception, or any certain play called being his fault. You know this, but just give back a sarcastic answer because you're tired of hearing it. The complaint is that for most of the 10 years that Dan has been the owner, we keep seeing the same product on the field. Supposedly we have legit talent on the roster, but we are consistently inept at offense and get get off the field on defense. So, Snyder may not be on the field tackling guys, but he is the one that put the foundation of the front office in place that puts the coaches and players on the field. Clearly, you understand the angle of this view, even if you do not agree with it.

Great post RedskinJoe,

I've been saying this for the last four years, as long midget danny boy and bug eyes vinny is around, this team will fail. I also have been saying for the last three years that JC is dumb,slow and not a winner...by end of this season, I will tell everyone so "again".

I don't see this team ever succeeding b/c you have a stupid lame a** owner who's using money on worthless players that no longer have the drive to win or leave a legacy in D.C., you have bunch of losers who are looking to get paid, that's it...and that is why I have not spent a dime on anything midget boy touches, I won't buy anything from the Redskins, nor his lame a** movies and his bankrupt six flags. nothing...

As far as JC, this loser is so bad that no one in league wanted him, you will see when he's shipped off at end of this year, he will end up as a third string QB. Is everyone blind?? can't you see his own eyes, he's scared to play, he has no confidence, he's a loser....I will keep saying this till end of this year.

Message to midget danny boy: sell the team quick, you're a loser and you will never win...you cheated people in the past and it's coming back to haunt you, don't you get it??? what goes around, comes around.

Dang, I could have written that. Maybe most fans' failure to see the obvious is part of being a fan...I remember how other Steeler fans refused to believe that Rod Woodson was no longer a premier CB, despite the fact that he was getting torched every week back in 1995 and 96. With the Skins, it's understandable that we would want Campbell to succeed...but I'm just not seeing it yet. That audible was ugly!

Archived