Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would you like to see ARE in the Wild Cat?

NOLASKINSFAN

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

No arguments this is a copy-cat league and a few more teams will be running the wildcat formation this year, most notably- Philly. The Skins generally run a conservative offense, just thinking all the more reason this could work out. Given our pretty tough backfield I think this could be pretty crazy, I'm honestly starting to think we could run it better than Philly or Miami. Plus it would give JC an occasional rest.

Randle El can't run though. You need someone to be able to run between the tackles as a threat. Which is why it works well (at least it works decent sometimes, as long as they're playing the Patriots in one game) for Miami. Because Ronnie Brown can throw it, go out for a pass, and is certainly a threat to run all over the field.

Everytime you line Randle El up in the Wildcat you'd know he was going to pass it, or hand it off. Not really the surprise element there.

Your thread is useless as Zorn has already said he doesn't believe in wild cat formation as it only nets just a few yards.

Please, forgive me. Was this in the Presser that said Colt was fine? I must have missed that part. Mods please close this since Zskins does not approve.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Giants look-alike thread.

Please, forgive me. Was this in the Presser that said Colt was fine? I must have missed that part. Mods please close this since Zskins does not approve.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled Giant look-alike thread.

No but if you had any memory of the Jim Zorn shows that I use to post last season then you would have heard him say as much.

No but if you had any memory of the Jim Zorn shows that I use to post last season then you would have heard him say as much.

Didn't catch those, your right. No way things could be different from last year, things dont change from year to year. How about you post your hate in the Cult where I'm not allowed to respond.

Didn't catch those, your right. No way things could be different from last year, things dont change like that. How about you post your hate in the Cult where I'm not allowed to respond.

:hysterical: HATE???? All I am saying is whether you or any fan like to see it or not Zorn has said NO to it and this topic has already been discussed to death in the past so it is not like you came up with an original topic. ;)

Your thread is useless as Zorn has already said he doesn't believe in wild cat formation as it only nets just a few yards.
Alright well if he didn't catch anything about it last year then give him a break on that at least. Kind of a silly thread in the first place but there's been a million silly threads the past couple of weeks, so maybe we all need to relax.
Didn't catch those, your right. No way things could be different from last year, things dont change like that. How about you post your hate in the Cult where I'm not allowed to respond.
Regardless of anything else, here's some basic info on the wildcat and how it works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildcat_formation

So just reading over that should give you a better understanding of why Randle El couldn't run it successfully. If you saw Vick in the preseason with the Eagles, they'd line him up in the Wildcat but really all he did was pass it, hand it off, or stand out flexed as a WR.

Just not worth the time unless you have a RB capable of doing everything the package entails.

The wildcat is OVERRATED!!!!!!

The only reason the Dolphins were able to be successful last year was because they snuck up on people with it. You all know what the Ravens did to the wildcat with a full season full of tape.

I agree to some extent, I just think if the skins could do something to change the pace it could make up a little ground. They dont do much make to defenses guess.

Alright well if he didn't catch anything about it last year then give him a break on that at least. Kind of a silly thread in the first place but there's been a million silly threads the past couple of weeks, so maybe we all need to relax.

You are right. My bad. Just saw he joined Nov. of last year. :cool:

Didn't catch those, your right. No way things could be different from last year, things dont change from year to year. How about you post your hate in the Cult where I'm not allowed to respond.

Zskins is right. Zorn stated clearly recently that the team will not run the wildcat this season. He said that they researched the results from last season and found out that teams only averaged about 3 yards per play.

From http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/zorn-still-not-wild-for-the-wi.html...

Zorn Still Not Wild About the Wildcat

As he promised last fall, Coach Jim Zorn has taken a look at the increasingly popular Wildcat formation and considered whether to use some of its single-wing principles in his offense. It turns out he's still not a big Wildcat guy.

After careful examination Zorn said he will not be adopting the formation. He said he prefers to focus on other groupings of players to try to coax more points from the offense. Although wide receiver Antwaan Randle El was a college quarterback, Zorn does not believe his personnel is best suited to the Wildcat since there must be an explosive player behind center to really make it go. While the formation did produce some big plays for teams like Miami and Baltimore, Zorn said his analysis concluded that it most often netted three-yard gains, which he believes can be accomplished in the running game.

"The one team that has really done it the best is Miami, and the other team was Cleveland, with [Josh] Cribbs and he probably did the best, but he's got a real acceleration. But otherwise it was limited," Zorn said. "Miami does it the best because they have the full package."

From http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/zorn-still-not-wild-for-the-wi.html...

Zorn Still Not Wild About the Wildcat

As he promised last fall, Coach Jim Zorn has taken a look at the increasingly popular Wildcat formation and considered whether to use some of its single-wing principles in his offense. It turns out he's still not a big Wildcat guy.

After careful examination Zorn said he will not be adopting the formation. He said he prefers to focus on other groupings of players to try to coax more points from the offense. Although wide receiver Antwaan Randle El was a college quarterback, Zorn does not believe his personnel is best suited to the Wildcat since there must be an explosive player behind center to really make it go. While the formation did produce some big plays for teams like Miami and Baltimore, Zorn said his analysis concluded that it most often netted three-yard gains, which he believes can be accomplished in the running game.

"The one team that has really done it the best is Miami, and the other team was Cleveland, with [Josh] Cribbs and he probably did the best, but he's got a real acceleration. But otherwise it was limited," Zorn said. "Miami does it the best because they have the full package."

LOL, you guys made your point. I'm sure there is no way something By Jason La Canfora posted on May 3, 2009 could be different now. I was just thinking ARE behind center gave different options. We could also discuss other formations.

I already said sorry, you can go back to the cult now, they have a captivating conversation about Hawaii's best athlete going on.

LOL, you guys made your point. I'm sure there is no way something By Jason La Canfora posted on May 3, 2009 could be different now. I was just thinking ARE behind center gave different options. We could also discuss other formations.

I already said sorry, you can go back to the cult now, they have a captivating conversation about Hawaii's best athlete going on.

:doh:

1. If you are going to create a thread then be ready for some bashing and debating.

2. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they should just hang in the Cult. Your logic here baffles me here.

3. Referencing JLC is not considered good around here. You have just lost all credibility with that statement.

:doh:

Referencing JLC is not considered good around here. You have just lost all credibility with that statement.

If you read carfully... thats the point I was making :) keep up. (now where's your credibility.. attacking a fellow cult member!)

I don't mind the DEBATE in fact I love it, but you went straight for the bashing, funny when as of now more people are for the idea.

If you read carfully... thats the point I was making :) keep up.

I don't mind the DEBATE in fact I love it, but you went straight for the bashing, funny when as of now more people are for the idea.

And if you read my original post carefully as well I wasn't bashing you but merely pointing out that Zorn has said no and so there is really nothing to talk about on this topic. ;)

This is somewhat related:

"I think a lot of teams are doing that this year," Cerrato said of the two-quarterback plan. "We'll put one on the practice squad, so we'll have three, and [receiver] Antwaan Randle El can go in and finish a game as well any third quarterback." From ESPN.

On subject, I don't think we should use the wildcat. I just don't really seeing it working.

Archived