Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Onion: Is Using A Minotaur To Gore Detainees A Form Of Torture?

Destino

Is Using A Minotaur To Gore Detainees A Form Of Torture?

Not if it saves water and wood nymphs, The Amazonian warrior women, Vestal Virgin dropouts and Mt Olympus from being victims of the fanatics hiding behind the religion of peace.

That sounds as ridiculous as Bush's claim that attacking Iraq was a fulfillment of the Biblical prophecy of Gog and Magog.

Cuckoo. Cuckoo.

he didn't say that.........................did he?

Jacques Chirac has gone on record in an interview stating plainly that Bush invoked Gog and Magog in an attempt to sway Chirac toward joining the so-called "Coalition of the Willing" in 2003.

The interview is part of a book by Jean-Claude Maurice, titled Si Vous le Répétez, Je Démentirai (If You Repeat it, I Will Deny), which I can't read directly because it's in French. Here's one translated account. The book should be the primary source but it's not available for free online in English, being a new book in French and all.

So either Chirac has the most randomly creative imagination on the planet, or Maurice is trying to end his writing career with one stroke of the pen, or it actually happened (along with those Biblical scriptures on intelligence memos, etc.). Sadly, Occam's Razor doesn't rule out the crazy-fundie-talk given the guy we're talking about here. "Crusades" and "missions from God" and all.

I can see Bush using the Gog and Magog BS in private discussions with the fundies here in the US, and then maybe accidentally getting those notecards mixed in with his Chirac talking points and accidentally going all prophecy-crazy with the French leader. In that scenario, at least he wouldn't be expected to believe any of it.

Archived