Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Bruno and the Cowboys

Reaganaut

I listen every morning to the Tony Bruno show for the hour that it is on from 9-10am on 980. I haven't heard it mentioned here before, but he beats on the Cowboys unmercifully. I don't think a day has gone by where I haven't heard him make fun of them by playing Jimmy Johnson's "how bout them Cowboys!!!" clip from the Superbowl. He actually uses it whenever anyone gets in trouble in any sport it seems. I think he must have picked this up from Philly where he is originally from. It's really pretty funny if you haven't caught his show.

Originally posted by Phat Hog

Bruno has a pretty good show. I listen when I can... Kornheiser has gotten a little old. If you ask me, John Thompson still has one of the best shows on the station.

I must admit that JT's show has turned out better than I thought it would be. They seem to address more interesting subject matter on that show.

tony bruno's the man. he and andrew make a very good team. the show is great. it's funny, and insightful and he doesn't constantly beat you over the head with his opinions like jim rome, who is an absolute steak-headed moron with more dead air in his hsow than...than...your momma. WHAM! how bout that jim? what do you think about that huh? How do you like that huh?..........How...do you......like that?

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

I miss the Sports Junkies. I listened to them every night on JFK until they bolted for mornings on HFS.

They talk a lot less sports on HFS... you're not missing much. They are now called "Junkies in the Morning". I miss the old "Sports Junkies".

Originally posted by Phat Hog

They talk a lot less sports on HFS... you're not missing much. They are now called "Junkies in the Morning". I miss the old "Sports Junkies".

They still rock and the best thing on in this area. Heck they have a stripper poll in there studio :)

Archived