Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Daily Show: The New Liberals

Duckus

I watched O'Reilly then and listened to his radio show... he definately refered to peace protestors negatively often. That one clip may have been different but if he challenges Stewart... he'll lose. People can write him off as a comedian if they want to but every time a media personality has called him out they've lost badly.
Yeah I saw how the daily show edited out muslims and jewish when the ladies were making a point that religious people of all creeds shouldn't be attacked or smeared because of their religion.

The sad thing is that the IPOD Generation and the Generation of Twits can't tell that he is a satirist (Doing Satire) and not doing journalism and not pushing the entire truth or skewing information.

My god you're a condescending :censored:

Notice we don't comment on the condescending we agree with ;)

Meanwhile, Fox News continues to dominate the ratings. :nana: :silly:

Just because something is popular does not mean its good. The Cowboys have more fans than the Redskins nation wide. Still does not mean they are not evil pieces of ****. :D I would hope that would agree.

I enjoyed this DS piece, but I will side with O'Reilly on this.. I saw his response in which he says he's describing the arrested protesters as loons, but the fact is he says in the clip (and I'm paraphrasing) "the majority of people surveyed thought the protesters were just loons."

So he's quoting a survey, not necessarily his own language. I do realize he is a big hypocrite on this issue in a million other ways, but the DS could have chosen a better clip that would not leave them open to the counter-punch.

~Bang

thank you Bang for being rational enough to realize the truth in this. The daily show often uses edited clips, to spin the story how they want. It reminds me of Michael Moores movies. Olberman does the same thing. I often flip between MSNBC and Fox, just to see the vast difference in their stories. Somewhere in the middle is the truth. It's just too sad that so many of them, and so many regular citizens spend too much time trying to bash each other than actually promote the ideals they feel are important. I don't care which channel it is, or which "side" someone says they are- it really takes away much of your credit when your whole show is nothing but an attempt to slam someone else- and even then they edit clips and lie.

What is even funnier is that I clearly remember those protests that O'Reilly was talking about. I also remember watching his show, the same ngiht the clip is from.

MSNBC, with Olberman and Maddow are so quick to spend weeks and weeks degrading the people at the town halln (who are merely yelling loudly), but when protesters are actually out destroying our cities, burning businesses and otherwise committing crimes and getting arrested- they never say a word. hmmm, maybe cause those are supposed to be the "liberal" protesters?

Archived