Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Smith stuns everyone, back at Panthers practice

GhostofSparta

SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) - Four days after kicking his helmet in disgust and climbing into a golf cart thinking his shoulder was broken, Carolina receiver Steve Smith was smiling and throwing tight spirals.

Fittingly, Smith's surprisingly quick return to practice Friday ended with a throw-and-catch session with inexperienced receiver Kenny Moore. They spent much of the offseason working out together with Smith's young son toting along, an experience that conflicted with the Panthers star's loner persona — and renewed his enthusiasm.

"It gave me those childhood memories of what I grew up with. I really liked how I felt, falling back in love with the game," Smith said. "So getting hurt, that's why I took it out on my helmet. Seven months of working hard, and then in seven seconds you're back in the same position.

"But in hindsight it's not broken."

X-rays were negative Monday night and after a day in a sling, Smith had progressed to an exercise bike. It was still thought he'd miss most, if not all, of the preseason.

So the sight of Smith running with his teammates in full pads Friday morning at training camp shocked onlookers. Saying he suffered just a "pretty good bone bruise," Smith participated in individual drills before sitting out the team work and avoiding contact.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9922632/Smith-stuns-everyone,-back-at-Panthers-practice

Click link for the rest.

Wow, I always thought Steve Smith was one tough SOB, but this is just rediculous.

Archived