Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sunday Ticket Discount

skinswin'emALL

Just made my annual call to DTV to get my additional Sunday ticket discount. They knocked off $10 ($60) and gave me Superfan for free ($99).

My final cost was $34.99 / 6 months for Ticket and Superfan

I've had it since 1996 and would pay twice what they charge, but they don't know that - I always act like I'm ready to cancel my DTV service altogether.

:D

Wow, that is great, I am getting ready to call myself. Any other tips. Did you ask for anyone in particular, like customer retention or did you just deal with the first person you got.

And how did you start the conversation, I already have the full movie package, so I am spending alot per month. I think that could be one basis for asking for what you got.

Wow, that is great, I am getting ready to call myself. Any other tips. Did you ask for anyone in particular, like customer retention or did you just deal with the first person you got.

And how did you start the conversation, I already have the full movie package, so I am spending alot per month. I think that could be one basis for asking for what you got.

when I call I tell the computer "cancel service" -- that way it takes you staight to a CRR that has the power to make you happy... I usually just state that I've had it since 96 and that the cost for all there services is getting too high and I only have DTV for the ticket so if I cant afford it, I might as well get a better deal from cable or dish. I then tell them I'm already paying for HD and the only thing I care about the SuperFan package is HD so I souldn't have to pay more for HD (which is true).... they always put me on hold and check my acct to see what they can do for me

dtv is really good about wanting to keep you happy - if I order a movie and get "serching for signal" even once during it - I email them and they always give me credit and sometimes through in another free credit on top...

I've had the Ticket for about 8 yrs and called to see about cancelling. I said it was too expensive to justify keeping. The DTV agent said they would knock price from $44.99/6 payments to $39.44.

Then offered $10 off to $34.99x6 payments.

Then I agreed when he dropped it down to $20 per payment or

$24.99 x 6 = $150. I'm very happy and glad to pay $150.

I'm sure you can try to wheel and deal on getting other services (ie Superfan) but I was just interested in getting the price down.

In Western NY, I think I have needed the Ticket for 3-4 Cowboy games over the last 2 yrs. Hard to justify spending close to another $300 just to be able to root against the Skins.:wavetowel

Good Luck.

I'm looking into getting DTV for the first time ever for this season...any tips or anything for possibly getting a cheaper price as a first time customer?

I really really want to get the Ticket this year to be able to watch the 'Skins this season, but the price is kindof prohibitive.

I really really want to get the Ticket this year to be able to watch the 'Skins this season, but the price is kindof prohibitive.

Even if you are a Skins fan....it's worth it. Heck, it probably saves me money as I would end up at a bar on most Sundays and end up spending more than that over the course of a year.

I've actually got it good. I rent out 'rooms' in my house to friends of other teams. I have a Viking room, a Redskins room, and a Patriots room. Combined, they pay for the Ticket, the HD, and the cost of the equipment over the course of a year. I don't bother calling for a discount as I figure that I am skimming off of the top as it is...

Even if you are a Skins fan....it's worth it. Heck, it probably saves me money as I would end up at a bar on most Sundays and end up spending more than that over the course of a year.

I've actually got it good. I rent out 'rooms' in my house to friends of other teams. I have a Viking room, a Redskins room, and a Patriots room. Combined, they pay for the Ticket, the HD, and the cost of the equipment over the course of a year. I don't bother calling for a discount as I figure that I am skimming off of the top as it is...

Wow Roger you thinking of putting in tables for after the games, deal me in.

Archived