Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: FBO: Decade's 25 most underrated players

bubba9497

9. Shawn Springs: Springs came out of Ohio State as the good Lord's gift to pass defense, and looked like a Hall of Famer in 1998-99. He got hurt in 2001, came back a little slower and suddenly everyone forgot about him. Fans often think of Springs as a guy who "used to be good," but the fact is that when healthy, he's still very good, and he's always been very good. He's just not the Hall of Famer people originally expected, and he's much better at coverage than at making big plays (only 19 interceptions since 2000).

10. London Fletcher: Tackle totals can be awfully misleading. You have to consider how many plays a defense is on the field, and the middle linebacker will almost always lead the team in tackles. Still, you have to give Fletcher some serious credit for leading his team in tackles for 10 straight seasons. He hasn't missed a start since 1999, but he's never made the Pro Bowl, partly because during his best years he was stuck behind Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas in the AFC pecking order.

:clap:

This list got something right.

London is way more underrated. Good god, the man was our defense! He has been the D wherever he's played!

Edit: In all honesty, Ray Lewis is great and all but London is just as good, he just doesn't have a mouth like Ray does. If London hadn't been in the lineup, our D is nowhere near Top-5 like it was last year. He makes ball carriers look like Flag Football Semi-Pro ****es. The guy is amazing, especially at his age.

10. London Fletcher: Tackle totals can be awfully misleading. You have to consider how many plays a defense is on the field, and the middle linebacker will almost always lead the team in tackles. Still, you have to give Fletcher some serious credit for leading his team in tackles for 10 straight seasons. He hasn't missed a start since 1999, but he's never made the Pro Bowl, partly because during his best years he was stuck behind Ray Lewis and Zach Thomas in the AFC pecking order.

Am I missing something here, didn't London Fletcher spend the majority of his career in St. Louis? He was only in Buffalo for a couple years.

Adrian Wilson should be number one. Brian Westbrook should be off. People are always slurping him when I watch Eagles games. Andre Johnson should be on here too. Dude is the best WR in the league, but gets no love when people name the top WR.

I have to agree with you on both of those. Both those players also have chronic injury histories in common. Really my only knock on either of them.

Archived