Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rock The Bells. Anyone else going?

Cooked Crack

I haven't ordered tickets but I'm pretty sure I'm going to go. The line up looks pretty nice. Never been to Merriweather but can someone comment on lawn? Will I still be able to enjoy the day on the lawn? Tix are pricey as it is and I don't even want to spend 50 bucks for the lawn. Also will I be able to get a parking spot?

I went there last year and it was ****** DOPE!!!!!!!!! Much better line up then this year. I still wanted to go to see the Roots though. But all my friends BS'd on getting tickets. It seems like everyone has gotten hipped to ROTB and they are jumping on tickets waaay faster then in previous years. But IMO, I'd rather be under the pavillion then on the lawn. Last year it started raining and that mist that through the pavillion felt so good.....They have one (or 2) big screens out on the lawn where you can watch. The lawn was packed, looked like a tiny version of woodstock. But it's too far away, I want to at least be in eyes view of the performers. When Red and Meth performed last year, they went all the way out to the lawn area. But yeah, Merriweather was dope, plus I had VIP so I got to meet A Tribe Called Quest. Also met Murs. Only thing I didnt like was aisle usher lady bothering me about smoking. I was smoking my blacks and blunts off and on throughout the concert, but when night fall hit, I was blazing FULL THROTTLE. If you aint seen Nas before, you gotta go, he does the entire ILLMATIC album.

Last years ROTB=One of the greatest days of my life :)

I went there last year and it was ****** DOPE!!!!!!!!! Much better line up then this year. I still wanted to go to see the Roots though. But all my friends BS'd on getting tickets

Wanted to go last year but BS'd on getting tix. I agree on the line up too.

The lineups the previous two years were better, IMO.

Yeah, from what I remember, last year when they came to Merriweather, it was:

Supernatural Hosting (KILLIN freestyles in between performances)

Dead Prez

Murs

Immortal Technique

Jay Electronica

Wale

Cool Kids

RAKIM (KILLED IT!!!!!!)

De La Soul (KILLED IT!!!!!!)

Ghost and Rae (KILLED IT!!!!!!)

Red and Meth (KILLED IT!!!!!!)

Mos Def (KILLED IT!!!!!!)

Nas (KILLED IT!!!!!!)

A Tribe Called Quest (KILLED IT!!!!!!)

MANNNNN, that **** was CLASSIC....And the crowd was the **** to. DMV was reppin extremely hard last year. Like they say, you have a much better understanding of an artist when you see them live. No question....

Wanted to go last year but BS'd on getting tix. I agree on the line up too.

Yeah, me and all my friends were going to go, but we all wanted to sit in the same area. So a couple of people BS'd and it all kinda of just collapsed. After going last year, I told myself that I would never miss another ROTB tour. If it wasnt such a long concert, I would really like to be in the pit area, close up. But I peeped it last year, there is too much security down there, I wouldnt be able to blaze up.

Archived