Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.COM Bengals Rookie Andre Smith Fires Agent, hires Original?

Veretax

Original article

Bengals rookie OT Andre Smith apparently will re-hire agent Alvin Keels, whom he fired just more than one week before the draft, according to a source close to the situation. Smith hired Rick Smith of Priority Sports after firing Keels, but he recently fired him, too.

Smith was selected sixth overall by the Bengals after a whirlwind of pre-draft drama that prompted his stock to drop. Smith, the Outland Trophy winner at Alabama, was considered the top offensive tackle entering the draft, but he left the NFL Scouting Combine without telling anyone, then had a marginal pro-day workout, generating concerns about his conditioning.

Smith, in part under the advisement of Keels and then of Rick Smith, made a strong showing before the draft in private workouts and was the second offensive tackle taken, behind Baylor’s Jason Smith, who was selected second overall by the Rams.

– Steve Wyche

Man does this kid have some problems or what? Makes me glad the Bungles drafted him, he should fit right in. What do you guys think?

Man does this kid have some problems or what? Makes me glad the Bungles drafted him, he should fit right in. What do you guys think?

I don't particularly care how the Bengals play, but for his own sake, this kid needs to start focusing mentally and physically on playing football.

Archived