Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Please Format Thread Titles Properly. It helps everyone. (Tinoisamoa released) (MET)

Master Blaster

I don't think so with Orakpo playing a lot of LB, there's been good LB's out there and we haven't chased.

This one will be much cheaper, a bargain for a good tackler, and I really doubt Orakpo is going to be playing SLB much. No one seems to think it's more than just a way to get him somewhat prepared if they decided to switch it up every now and then.

This one will be much cheaper, a bargain for a good tackler, and I really doubt Orakpo is going to be playing SLB much. No one seems to think it's more than just a way to get him somewhat prepared if they decided to switch it up every now and then.

Take into consideration cap room, this guy isn't going to come too cheap. His base salary due was 3mill something. Without the Rookies even signed, god knows what Orakpo's salary will be, probably somewhere around 5-6m a year. This guy won't come "cheap", he'll be a good 2mill, he's 27.

Take into consideration cap room, this guy isn't going to come too cheap. His base salary due was 3mill something. Without the Rookies even signed, god knows what Orakpo's salary will be, probably somewhere around 5-6m a year. This guy won't come "cheap", he'll be a good 2mill, he's 27.

Well, 2 mill is just .7 mill over the minimum for a vet, so I'd say thats a good deal for a solid starting olb that's only 27....Plus Danny can give him 1/2 that salary up front.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care which side of Fletch he'd be on, this guy seems like a solid enough player that our LB core would really be set with him on the roster. Him, Fletch, Rocky, Blades, and Orakpo/Wilson seeing some time as well--I'm sure the coaches could find a few legitimate combinations in there. And only 27? If we can afford this guy, him and Rocky could continue to mentor Blades once Fletch retires.

Archived