Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

josportsco.com SALE!!

Jeromy

Gamers are not cheap. Also, Josports has their hands tied to a degree, because they pay a hefty price to the team for each jersey. It's a tough industry. The last company that tried this was called Game Exclusives, and they were insolvent within a couple years.

Thats the thing. The industry is tough and their only seems to be a small market for these game jersey's. Why tie your hands up by investing such a large sum of money in these jersey's when it's likely you wont be able to turn a profit or break even.

Most fans don't have that kind of money to spend on a jersey that they can't even

wear

Gamers are not cheap. Also, Josports has their hands tied to a degree, because they pay a hefty price to the team for each jersey. It's a tough industry. The last company that tried this was called Game Exclusives, and they were insolvent within a couple years.

MTH,

That is why Game Exclusives went out of business. If the prices are more than the market will bear, not enough product will be sold. Perhaps the NFL teams need to sell to retailers cheaper, but I guess there is no point as long as a company will pay the price.

It's not just the jerseys. Look at the pictures and helmets. This place is a joke!!

JO may be priced high. But where else are you going to get a Cooley, Landry, or a Portis Jersey from? Overpriced is one mans opinion, but have any of you even made offers on these 'overpriced' items? I wouldn't buy an 8x10 or replica helmet from their site, but I have no problems (as many others of us), buying specific jerseys we are after. And FWIW, I bought a London Fletcher 8x10 from them at the CSA.

If any of you had actually emailed them about their last sale, you know, the one that wasn't actually a sale because they didn't advertise it, and you had to email them to ask about the sale, you'd of gotten hooked up. That's all I'm saying.

from what i see.those prices are above market value. if someone wants to buy them more power to them. However you can get much better deals if you look.

I have to agree. It is just like the autograph business. There used to only be a couple places to buy stuff from. Now that there is alot more places, the prices have come down. The same thing will happen with this stuff. If we don't spend the money for the high prices now, it will force the prices even lower.:point2sky

JO may be priced high. But where else are you going to get a Cooley, Landry, or a Portis Jersey from? Overpriced is one mans opinion, but have any of you even made offers on these 'overpriced' items? I wouldn't buy an 8x10 or replica helmet from their site, but I have no problems (as many others of us), buying specific jerseys we are after. And FWIW, I bought a London Fletcher 8x10 from them at the CSA.

If any of you had actually emailed them about their last sale, you know, the one that wasn't actually a sale because they didn't advertise it, and you had to email them to ask about the sale, you'd of gotten hooked up. That's all I'm saying.

Actually the Cooley jerseys sold on ebay directly from Chris's brother bring a lot less than JOSPortsco....I've seen some go for less than $1000....and these are essentially from Chris himself.

The way I see it is -

If you're looking for a general jersey, you can find one cheaper if you're patient.

If you're looking for a specific jersey (e.g. one with a GU patch or one from a particular game, etc.), then josports is where you'd go.

I think what happens is the unsold jerseys go back to the team and josports gets a credit back for them. I'm totally guessing. If true, we'll presumably see some of these at the Collector's Sale next January.

Anyway, what makes the prices what they are is mostly the team - not josports.

Actually the Cooley jerseys sold on ebay directly from Chris's brother bring a lot less than JOSPortsco....I've seen some go for less than $1000....and these are essentially from Chris himself.

I was going to add that, but didn't get around to it. I bought my Cooley gamer directly from him (well, Tanner actually). But if it wasn't for Cooley, we wouldn't be seeing them. Tanner has Portis' as well, which are cheaper then JO. It's not like the skins sell them at their tent sales - so you really only have 1-2 sources to get them.

But why should you have to e-mail them and find out if they are having a sale or not? Why can't they just advertise on their site? I would love to get a game-used jersey, but I just can't justify spending $3k on something thats just going to hang on my wall and be a decoration.

I know that its not their fault for the prices on those, but the autograph stuff is. Like the website I should above. I got a great looking Cooley 16x20 in a nice fram for $120. How come JO is selling their Cooley 16x20 for $100 more? Those are the prices that people are saying are too high.

But why should you have to e-mail them and find out if they are having a sale or not? Why can't they just advertise on their site? I would love to get a game-used jersey, but I just can't justify spending $3k on something thats just going to hang on my wall and be a decoration.

I know that its not their fault for the prices on those, but the autograph stuff is. Like the website I should above. I got a great looking Cooley 16x20 in a nice fram for $120. How come JO is selling their Cooley 16x20 for $100 more? Those are the prices that people are saying are too high.

I agree. If you can meet Cooley at a signing for $60-$100 (I forget what he gets) and you can buy the 16x20 for $25, and you get to meet him. Why would I pay twice that to a company that gets the autographs much cheaper?

Last time I looked, they were selling a Proline helmet signed by Cooley for $550? That is just nuts.

Man that's a nice one. Great price too! Does it have any battle scars? Mark, why not kill two birds with one stone on the GU/Captains patch, and get the Samuels one? I am eyeing 2 others right now, and will probably pull the trigger soon.

Nice pickup!

edit: Since you own some rock pants, I can see you dressing up as Rock for Halloween. I'll dress up as Collins if you do Rock!

Archived