Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is this jersey worth?

cincyfan

I was in New York on business and found a Riggins Authentic at the Chelsea Flea Market. I could not leave it there for the New Yorkers to abuse so I brought it home. Now I am wondering if I paid too much as I know nothing about jerseys. It is white, made by Mitchell and Hess and has a "Throwbacks" tag with 1982 on the bottom left corner.

Any idea what this is worth?? I may sell it as it is way to big for me (it is size 60!). Or I just might hang it in my Redskins room.

Jackie

If it has a Mitchell and Ness tag on it, then it is not an "authentic" jersey that the Redskins sell , but the quality is better than a "replica". I think they are worth around 150 retail, give or take, but someone can correct me.

I would be skeptical of anything purchased off the streets of New York. There is an official Riggins jersey that was made by Mitchell and Ness, but there were a ton of knock offs. The one sure sign that it is not a knock off is that all the numbers sewn on when they should be screened on because back then the Redskins and other teams used screened on. MTH will probably weigh in on this because he is the board authority on matters like this. He will probably request pictures.

Mitchell and Ness did make a Riggo jersey.... the numbers and name are silk screened just like the D. Williams jerseys.

I'm pretty sure what he has is the 1982 white jersey with the sewn on numbers...this is a knockoff and not a M&N product. The colors on the sleeves is reversed as well...an easy telltale sign. There were a ton of these going around a couple of years ago before M&N got tough on the counterfeiters.

I'm not really a Mitchell and Ness expert, but I do know there is a counterfeit market of them, so you have to be careful. Sounds to me like RememberOsaka above is the man to consult about this particular jersey. My gut feeling though is it's a counterfeit. And if the sleeve colors are reversed.... it ain't worth much.

Archived