Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Any Idiot Can Mock Draft" Thread

pointyfootball

I don't know jack about most college players and I have a difficult enough time selecting 14 U-11 soccer players out of 30 @ tryouts each summer. However, it turns out you don't need to be overly smart to do a mock draft. Enjoy and post yours if you are interested.

DAL

Needs: S, WR, OL,

Rnd/Pick #

2/51 - William Moore, S, Missouri

3/69 - Andy Levitre, OG, Oregon State

NYG

Needs: LB, WR, OL

Rnd/Pick #

1/29 - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

2/45 - James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State

2/60 - Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina

3/91 - Darcel McBath, FS, Texas Tech

3/100- Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

PHI

Needs: RB, TE, S

Rnd/Pick #

1/21 - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

2/53 - Ron Brace, DT, Boston College

3/85 - Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss

WAS

Needs: DE, OT, LB

Rnd/Pick #

1/13 - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

3/80 - Alex Magee, DT, Purdue

Why would the Eagles take a DT in the 2nd? They are happy with Laws who they took in the 2nd last year and have two young capable starters.

Because I think AR is going to pick a TE & a RB early in the draft, but I don't believe he'll abstain from picking at least one widebody in the first three rounds. I also can't see him not throwing a pick towards the defense as FA has concentrated almost solely on offense, and their two most pressing needs are also on offense. LB is one option, but AR & Co. seem to pick LBs later in the draft. I could maybe see CB, but they have too many bodies at S & DE, so that's why the dart landed on DT.

PF

I don't know jack about most college players and I have a difficult enough time selecting 14 U-11 soccer players out of 30 @ tryouts each summer. However, it turns out you don't need to be overly smart to do a mock draft. Enjoy and post yours if you are interested.

DAL

Needs: S, WR, OL,

Rnd/Pick #

2/51 - William Moore, S, Missouri

3/69 - Andy Levitre, OG, Oregon State

NYG

Needs: LB, WR, OL

Rnd/Pick #

1/29 - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland

2/45 - James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State

2/60 - Jamon Meredith, OT, South Carolina

3/91 - Darcel McBath, FS, Texas Tech

3/100- Chase Coffman, TE, Missouri

PHI

Needs: RB, TE, S

Rnd/Pick #

1/21 - Knowshon Moreno, RB, Georgia

2/53 - Ron Brace, DT, Boston College

3/85 - Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss

WAS

Needs: DE, OT, LB

Rnd/Pick #

1/13 - Michael Oher, OT, Mississippi

3/80 - Alex Magee, DT, Purdue

Not bad for an idiot ;)

I too would question your team taking Brace in the 2nd. The Eagles are pretty loaded at DT beasts already. He could solidify your D on obvious running downs but does this wide body really fit the scheme?

Like I've posted I'd be looking for 1) Pettigrew TE 2) Brown RB

Judging by the lack of posts I'm assuming Redskins agree that if they stay pat with their picks your choices are hard to argue with. Both address needs and fit the schemes although Magee's inability to penetrate has to be a knock by Redskin fans. We would like to see pressure and sack counts rise!

If the Giants get those two guys with their first 2 picks without moving up I'd be pissed. They'd both be steals and great fits. Unless they do pull off a trade for Edwards or Boldin look for them to move up to grab Heyward-Bey.

It seems the Cowboys have to be thinking S with the first pick and there should be decent quality when they pick.

What ever teams take interior linemen Mack, Wood and Unger late in the first or early to mid second rounds will be getting steals. I'd love for one of them to end up in Washington after a trade back to acquire more picks.

Archived