Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Shopping of JC... A Hypothetical Possiblity

Redskinjoe

I disagree. Jason definiyely is being shopped around (and has probably been told this.) Thats why BL was brought in as the next QB's back/up ... cheap insurance if either Colt or Mark Sanchez do not pan out "immediately." Snider has told Zorn he does not want to waste another season with JC ... but this a delicate situation requiring political correctness so it has to be done with smoke and mirrors. Jason will be traded before or on Draft Day.

Trading him on draft day? I heard they attempted to trade JC when Gibbs left and couldn't find takers... Of course I only found this out this year. Question is: If they shopped JC quietly last year, why couldn't they do the same this year?

Just a bad move to let that type of info out in the open. Good propaganda otherwise.

JC will not be traded on draft day.

pretty good first thread. What are suggesting isn't impossible, but I think more likely is when people heard that the Redskins put their name in the hat, Snyder's reputation immediately upped the ante. Snyder is known as an overpayer and someone who really goes after what he wants hard. So, the effect may be what you suggested even without intention.

Personally, I never thought that Cutler was worth nearly twice the price of a franchise tag.

Burgold: How about the Matt Ryan last season? Would you franchise him? How about Joe Flacco? Guys like these walk into the league one year and all of a sudden the fools believe they deserve their franchise QB too! All they have to do is pick one. Everyone w/o a franchise QB is ripe for it right now.

I don't recall who we added to our front office in the scouting department after the draft last year. I do know he worked for the skins in a lesser position years back and is considered to be one of the best scouts/eye for talent type guys by many in the league. He worked his way up from the film room if I recall. I believe he was with Pittsburgh but I may be mistaken. This addition is why I think ole' Danny Boy is playing the impatient one. He actually has some insight due to this man who's name I can't recall. Now it is Darnit Dan the "I want my draft picks back" Man!

Either that or he is truly a g-zillionare screw up.

I disagree. Jason definiyely is being shopped around (and has probably been told this.) Thats why BL was brought in as the next QB's back/up ... cheap insurance if either Colt or Mark Sanchez do not pan out "immediately." Snider has told Zorn he does not want to waste another season with JC ... but this a delicate situation requiring political correctness so it has to be done with smoke and mirrors. Jason will be traded before or on Draft Day.

Unless you can cite me a source that says Dan Snyder actually is on record as saying this to Zorn, then it is nothing but speculation.

However, the Redskins have tried blowing smoke like this in the past and failed.

Huh?

Are you saying we created an "illusion" that we want a QB?

Edit:

Ok, I read the OP again. Still trying to shake off the cobwebs I guess.

So you are saying:

1. Danny & Vinny really like Campbell as our Qb.

2. We never wanted Cutler.

3. We artificially have driven up the trade cost of all Qb's.

4. We now will be able to trade out of #13, should Sanchez fall to us, and reap a massive bounty as reward.

Very clever indeed. This is the only logical explanation for the "perceived" poor treatment of our beloved Qb.

If we can pull off this stunt. It just might propel us all the way to the Super Bowl!

Uhh... no.

You don't not extend Campbell, offer him along with 2 1's for one player, offer him straight up to any taker for a 2nd, and destroy the QB's self-esteem and discredit him to your fanbase all in a conniving attempt to try to get someone to trade up with you.

Unless you tell him the plan first.

Uhh... no.

You don't not extend Campbell, offer him along with 2 1's for one player, offer him straight up to any taker for a 2nd, and destroy the QB's self-esteem and discredit him to your fanbase all in a conniving attempt to try to get someone to trade up with you.

When I read the OP, my first thought was that our FO isn't that smart. Now that I've read yours, I can't help but think OMG, they are that stupid.

Archived