Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Rod Gardner be a Redskin for very long?

Gamebreaker

Sorry,, button stuck up there..

Maybe you failed to notice in the san francisco game that Matthews got his shoulder sprained when Bryant Young leveled him, and he left the game? he missed 3 weeks as a result? Maybe you missed it the following week when Waffle scrambled in the first quarter and was tackled by the Titans, and immediately left the game and headed for the locker room? His X-rays were negative, but again, a shoulder injury occured.

Ramsey got benched, and as i said, it was for his own good. As you say, he was getting killed, and teaching him how to play football from a hospital room is not condusive to a good learning experience.

Once the Skins were eliminated, it really didn't matter what was done. A quick search of NFL.com game summaries didn't show anything to prove my points, but It doesn't surprise me. So, I can give the last two, but the QB shuffles early on were due to health.

~Bang

Twice in the beginning of the season was a qb pulled for an injury, in the Philly game, and the Tennesse game. Not once all season was there a Skins qb on the injured list. If there were injuries, then they weren't recognized by the NFL. On three occasions, the injured qb had all week to rest, and still Spurrer went with a different qb.

I'm not a Skins fan, but I live in a area that covers them extensivley, and they are televised every week. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't remember all the injuries (four qb changes due to injury during the course of the game) that you speak of in your original post.

Anyone else??

due to the wonders of directv i was able to watch all the skins games this past season and BANG is correct in his assesment of why the skins changed qb's a couple of times. now you can get very particular and start counting the two times that ramsey came in to throw hail mary's at the end of the first half in two games, but c'mon. he was in because he was the only guy who could throw that far, wasn't because SS was upset with the starter's performance.

Archived