Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New York Giants finalizing 5-year deal with linebacker Michael Boley

Inquisitor

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2009/02/source_new_york_giants_finaliz.html

I really hope this gets done, from everything I have read he has pro bowl potential and would instantly become our most athletic linebacker. He's great in coverage and is also a solid blitzer. He was a bad fit at SAM last year under Mike Smiths read and react defense, but was extremely solid the two years prior. With him and hopefully Canty signing I would classify this free agency period a resounding success and start looking forward to the draft.

What I've found pretty interesting, around these parts, is how good Chris Canty has become since it has become apparent he will not be in Dallas next season.

I've always been high on Canty, especially since he's always given Diehl so many problems, if he doesn't sign with the Giants I'll be glad to see him out of the division. But I think he would make a great fit as a one gap DT on our defense. With the talent around him he could be really disruptive.

I've always been high on Canty, especially since he's always given Diehl so many problems, if he doesn't sign with the Giants I'll be glad to see him out of the division. But I think he would make a great fit as a one gap DT on our defense. With the talent around him he could be really disruptive.

I love him too. Which is why I want him back in Dallas.

With that said, he did underachieve for the most part from what I, personally, had expected from him.

Don't get me wrong, he showed flashes of greatness, but it was way too sporadic.

I think he will continue to improve. But don't be mistaken, he had plenty of talent around him in Dallas and he still didn't live up to his potential.

Archived