Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Todd McShay post-combine MOCK

AJWatson3

I saw Kiper on something the other day saying he thinks Oher could slip to the end of round 1. If this is the concensus I would definitely rather trade back and try my luck on getting him or Eden Britton. Then with our other picks just fill in the positions we dont address in FA. If Los isnt in their long term plans I really like CB Sean Smith from Utah in round 2.

thanks 28.

Has anybody seen the OT from Connecticut play this season? I've got a lot of family that are Huskies and they say he's gonna be damn good and is a big reason their RB led the NCAA in rushing...

He is supposed to last till the late 1st or early 2nd but could rise with a good pro-day...

William Beatty is his name...

I've read that Oher isn't that bright and that it might scare the Redskins from picking him as high as 13. I'd like to see what his wonderlic score was from the combine.

Britton had the shortest arms of any of the OT's at the combine. Buges loves OT's with long arms so I doubt they'd pick him.

I'd love to get Rey Muluga at 13, but would rather trade down for another pick and take Clint Sintim from Virginia. He can play inside but will be a great SAM linebacker who can rush the passer ala Marcus Washington.

An OT that nobody's heard of and will probably go in the 2nd day is Xavier Fulton from Illinois. He's only played OT for two years after being a DE. He's got the size, strength and quickness to play OT in the NFL. He just needs more work. My wife's cousin goes to Illinois and he told me about this guy last year.

Hrmm I watched a vid @ ESPN yesterday where McShay and Kiper were arguing over Stafford.

Heres the vid:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=3936730&categoryid=2378529

McShay didnt like him at #1 yesterday but today he does???? Terrible!!!

And by the way, if Britton is going around #32, no way I want him @ #13.

McShay is really only one of the few mocks that have Britton at the end of the 1st round. Most mocks have him between 18-26, which is about where the Skins would land with any kind of trade if they want to stay in the 1st.

I think in the long run Mathews will be the best LB from this draft.

I hope if we do not get RAK or an OT we find someone to trade down with and grab him. With AH the LB's will have a lot more room to make plays without worrying about the C or G getting to the next level and Mathews plays very good in space. He could cover Whitten or Boss as well.

I would much rather trade down and get Cushing at OLB and get a second rounder and draft a OL with that pick preferably a Center we need some1 to take Rabac's spot.

As for Fincher... He's a solid back-up he played well for us when he was on the field on defense it looked like he really wanted to prove himself and blew up fullbacks in the backfield took on linemen he did whatever it took. Wouldn't say he is a starter any time soon but provides great depth

Archived