Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Don't Let Rogers Become the next Pierce and Clark

Chiefinonhaze

I completely disagree about Ryan Clark. The only reason you can make a statement like this is because he is on the Steelers and they just won the SB. Put him on just about any other team and you are not making this statement. Take Clark over Horton? I completely disagree. Ryan Clark is better than I am at the safety position, but that is just about it.

Look, they were the number one Defense. He was part of that defense. When he was on our defense, we were ranked 2nd that year. He isn't an elite player, but he is far better in coverage than Horton. Clark can also lay the wood for a guy his size. But to be a starter on a defense as good as the Steelers he must be good.

Really? A wonderlic score? Its bad enough you brought the single most useless indicator of smarts or capability. You brought it up for a non qb as well.

Yeah, his 14 shows hes dumb. As dumb as Dan Marino who also scored a 14. Clearly not as smart as Alex Smith (40) or Rex Grossman (29).

All offseason coaches and personnel raved about how hard Los was rehabbing. Throughout the season coaches and players alike commented about his changed demeanor. Working constantly, not joking around, studying with vigor.

Yeah, thats a lazy dumb player. No room for him here.

Look at the thread title. We're drawing parallels between Pierce, Clark, and Rogers. That's the context.

In that context -- compared to Pierce and Clark -- Rogers is a drooling moron. Antonio and Ryan consistently overachieve due to their (relative) high intelligence and study habits, while Carlos Rogers has borderline underachieved with much more natural ability. If you can't recognize that key difference, then I don't know what to tell you other than you suck at analysis.

NOWHERE did I even imply that smarts equal success in the NFL. Most NFL players are the stereotypical "dumb jocks" -- it's just reality. Marino doesn't strike me as a sharp guy at all. And that's being kind.

I threw out the wonderlic score because it was readily available. Does it paint the whole picture? No, but it corroborates my assertion, trumping the zero corroboration that you guys bring to the 'Carlose r not dumm!' side of the table.

The very first thing I wrote in this thread was that I was in favor of keeping Rogers! So, how did I get from that statement to running him out of town? Oh, it's the internet. Right.

Archived