Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its all over congrats Eagles

jp03

Its over...Eli of old is back. The Giants didn't even have enough faith in him to throw the ball late. The better team won.

It matters not who is 1 or 2 seed in the NFL...what matters is how you are playing going into the playoffs. When Burress left , so did the Giant chances....

How so Joe? If Carney made the FGs the Giants would still be losing.

Don't trouble him with reality. If there's one thing he's made abundently clear during his time here, it's that the Giants are always a cleverly construed excuse from the greatest team to ever be assembled.

jp03. I wouldn't say the better team won, because the Giants were clearly a better team all season. The team that played better yesterday won.

The team that played better over the last month and a half, a time period that included two Eagles defeats of the Giants in the meadowlands.

i don't think the missed field goals made that much difference. i think the lack of arm strength eli has did make a big difference. he was throwing up shooting clays out there. every pass was a wobble duck while mcnabb was throwing darts. eli lost this game, plain and simple.

The team that played better over the last month and a half, a time period that included two Eagles defeats of the Giants in the meadowlands.

Well, now that's just cherry picking. Same could be said for the Chargers, but they got their asses handed to them. 12-4 or 9-6-1, who was the better team during the season? You guys were the better team on Sunday.

Well, now that's just cherry picking. Same could be said for the Chargers, but they got their asses handed to them. 12-4 or 9-6-1, who was the better team during the season? You guys were the better team on Sunday.

It's cherry picking to say we've been the better team down the stretch? Is it cherry picking to point to Tony Romo sits to pee's December failures, in that case?

Judging teams by the way they play in December and the postseason is pretty damn common in this league. The Giants were a beneficiary of it last year. We've been playing better than the Giants since Thanksgiving, exactly the time when good teams start playing better. We beat them on their home field, twice, and won six games in that period while they won once.

It would be cherry picking to say we were only the better team yesterday, when, in reality, we've been better than them since the season began its most consequential stretch.

It's cherry picking to say we've been the better team down the stretch? Is it cherry picking to point to Tony Romo sits to pee's December failures, in that case?

Judging teams by the way they play in December and the postseason is pretty damn common in this league. The Giants were a beneficiary of it last year. We've been playing better than the Giants since Thanksgiving, exactly the time when good teams start playing better. We beat them on their home field, twice, and won six games in that period while they won once.

It would be cherry picking to say we were only the better team yesterday, when, in reality, we've been better than them since the season began its most consequential stretch.

That's fine if you want to break the season up. It's your perogative to do that, but I tend to look at the season as whole. The Giants had the best record in the conference over the course of the season and were a better team during the season. They got beat by a hot team, just as the Giants did last year. I was rooting for the Eagles, so I'm glad you beat them. I'm a Cardinals fan this week.

That's fine if you want to break the season up. It's your perogative to do that, but I tend to look at the season as whole. The Giants had the best record in the conference over the course of the season and were a better team during the season. They got beat by a hot team, just as the Giants did last year. I was rooting for the Eagles, so I'm glad you beat them. I'm a Cardinals fan this week.

I tend to break the season into thirds. Most coaches break it up into fourths. Some league observers (like football outsiders) and others have broken it into a progressive increase in consequences as the season progresses. There's no reason to count the Eagles first meeting with the Cowboys as much as the second, nor is there any reason for the Eagles to take much away from their early-season defeat of the Steelers if those teams happen to meet in the Super Bowl. It might provide a nice sense of security to know you've defeated this team previously, but those early games were a lifetime ago. All four teams still playing are significantly different teams than they were 6 weeks ago, 10 weeks ago, and 18 weeks ago.

It was a field goal game. Missing two, put the Giants down by two possessions after the Eagles scored a TD and limited their options in the 4th quarter.

I agree him choking on those two field goals was a major deal and would of changed the playcalling of both teams but not the outcome. But there was no way of winning the way Eli was playing. I thought Jacobs was playing well and they should of been giving him the ball a lot more (1st and 5 an obvious example). Gilbride did not get him the ball enough, but I could only have seen 3 or 4 more obvious opportunities to give him carries (assuming Carney still missed the field goals). Even if the giants get those 6 points, the eagles offense figured out the giants d and got rolling to end the first half and eli played way too terrible for them to win. He missed Smith and Hixon early on for huge gains, threw two picks, and rarely threw a tight spiral. This game is on Eli mostly, then Gilbride. I was surprised they kept putting ward in and alternated series, Jacobs was the more effective one the first three quarters and at one point was averaging six yards a carry. I am excited for next year though. Getting Osi back with Kiwi having all offseason to practice DE and 9 draft picks should help this team.

Archived