Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is it worth jailbreaking your iPhone?

Touchdown Redskins

Hey guys, I'm having a real pain-in-the-ass issue. So, after having JBed my iPhone, I wanted to get VNSea, which allows you to remotely access a desktop/laptop and control it (through VNC in your iPhone, obviously).

Now, I couldn't find it on Installer or Cydia, so I had to download it on the internet. I extracted the files, and used WinSCP and OpenSSH to put the files in my iPhone. I adjusted the permissions, but it still wouldn't work. Finally, I downloaded a patch for my MobileInstallation. Now, the icon is showing up on my springboard, but when I click on it, it crashes immediately.

Has anyone SSH'ed an app into their iPhone before and had similar problems? What do I do?

hey guys i just jailbroke my phone and its nice. is there any way to transfer springboards from my pc to my iphone? because i want a redskins background but i cant find one. :cheers:

You can just sync the Redskins background to your phone that you want on there - once it is on, select it as your background and then in Winterboard select "User Selected Background" and drag it up above the theme your using.

If you're not using Winterboard with a theme, you should be all set once you select it as your background.

Hey guys, I'm having a real pain-in-the-ass issue. So, after having JBed my iPhone, I wanted to get VNSea, which allows you to remotely access a desktop/laptop and control it (through VNC in your iPhone, obviously).

Now, I couldn't find it on Installer or Cydia, so I had to download it on the internet. I extracted the files, and used WinSCP and OpenSSH to put the files in my iPhone. I adjusted the permissions, but it still wouldn't work. Finally, I downloaded a patch for my MobileInstallation. Now, the icon is showing up on my springboard, but when I click on it, it crashes immediately.

Has anyone SSH'ed an app into their iPhone before and had similar problems? What do I do?

I'm far too amateur to be of help there - what you might try doing though is deleting it off your iPhone, and then adding it's source in Cydia or Installer. That should allow you to see it in those apps.

Also - just another couple of cool apps:

- SBSettings, allows a screen to dropdown with a bunch of settings while you're in any app. In Cydia, search for "Process" which gives you a process add-on to this, that allows you to kill any process. (Apple - despite banning outside developers from it - backgrounds all of their apps eating up your RAM.)

- One of the SMS packages - I use MySMS, although a lot of people prefer BiteSMS, because it is lighter and gives you the option of using someone else to SMS if you're on a pay-per-use. These will let you type text's in landscape mode and add a bunch of other cool features. A note with BiteSMS - it has a lot of features people don't notice because they're only accessible with swipes, so pay attention to the notes on that one.

- QuickGold - I use this all the time. It's awesome. Hit the home button while you're on the Springboard and it brings up an App Launcher over the springboard. You can search for and launch anything - contacts, browsing history, apps, texts, etc.

modmyi.com is a nice place to explore all the native apps out there (as well as app store apps)

Archived