Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles going to the SB

Chief skin

I thought it was funnier than hell on draft day when all of the analysts were talking about what a terrible offseason the Iggles were having, and then they interview Reid and he mentioned that they were talking like a funeral was happening. Funny stuff.:laugh:

I could see it happeing. They still have one of the better playmakers in the NFL at QB, and two really good man to man cover corners which is necessary for their blitzing style of defense. They lost a few starters from the defense but that doesn't mean someone won't step up and do just as well for them as the starter last year. At this point in the season I would give at least half the teams in the NFC a chance to be in the NFC championship game.

Its possible. Johnson will have the D ready to play. They are still exceptional in the secondary.

No true #1 WR, but they don't really need it. McNabb has shown enough to prove he can drive that offense.

They are very well coached on both sides of the ball. As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't count them out.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a true Skins fan but the Eagles are still going to be the team to beat in our division this year.

I think that their defense will be top 5 again is it always is.

Mcnabb is a great quarterback if he stays healthy.

Deuce can be a monster when he'es on. As for a number one receiver, Pinkston is a young guy with a lot of talent. I dont like mitchel but thrash is another good player.

They won the division last year so everyone will be gunning for them. Their out of the Vet thanks god so thats another plus. I foresee us splitting with them but I'd love to beat em twice

Originally posted by Posse81

As much as I hate to say it, I wouldn't count them out.

As a fan, I wouldn't count them in either. With everything (seemingly) going for them last January, they couldn't get past a team they owned for the previous two years. You can look at McNabb as being only about 75%, but facts are facts - the Bucs took it to a team that thought it was going to be a cakewalk to the Super Bowl. I'm afraid that last year was the Eagles year and they blew it.

As for this year, it's Reid's year. If they regress, he'll get all the blame because everything is now on his plate, so to speak. :D

Chief Skin, are you listening to WIP again? Don't put yourself through it - listening to those morons will only aggravate you. It's like me as an Eagles fan listening to Jurgenson and Huff. The nonsense spewed forth... Chief, I'm only worried about your mental well-being!

Blazers21-I really hope you're right. But last year I said, "no #1 WR, no running back, one man team, etc." and they almost did it. I didn't even think they were going to get to the championship game, but they did. They lost guys, but those coaches get the most out of those players.

I think we can compete with the Eagles this year if we avoid major injuries, Ramsey continues to develop, and we mesh sooner rather than later-but I think as far as the division goes they will be there in the end and I don't see anyone in the NFC that is that much better than Philly.

Originally posted by Blazers21

As a fan, I wouldn't count them in either. With everything (seemingly) going for them last January, they couldn't get past a team they owned for the previous two years. You can look at McNabb as being only about 75%, but facts are facts - the Bucs took it to a team that thought it was going to be a cakewalk to the Super Bowl. I'm afraid that last year was the Eagles year and they blew it.

As for this year, it's Reid's year. If they regress, he'll get all the blame because everything is now on his plate, so to speak. :D

Chief Skin, are you listening to WIP again? Don't put yourself through it - listening to those morons will only aggravate you. It's like me as an Eagles fan listening to Jurgenson and Huff. The nonsense spewed forth... Chief, I'm only worried about your mental well-being!

Yes Blaze I heard it on WIP 610, I am a talk radio junkie

Originally posted by Blazers21

My question is this. If this year the Eagles don't even get to the NFC Title game. Will Reid be fired? Will Lurie try to buy his favorite team (The Pats) again?

I don't think McNabb will be any better this year than last. While McNabb is a good QB, I think that he has peaked, and who is he throwing to? Unless the Eagles get a good WR after the June 1rst cuts ,there's no way they go to the show.

I am not a believer that Defense wins games. That only works if you can get a lead.

Originally posted by carlsbadd

I am not a believer that Defense wins games. That only works if you can get a lead.

Considering that the Eagles were tied or in the lead at one point or another in all but 1 game last year (Indianapolis), I'd say they've been effective at using the defense to set up the offense. With the change in punter and returner, we'll see if the special teams can be as effective as they were last year as well. The Eagles entire game is field position. If you look back at the TB playoff game, even there the Eagles won the field position battle. If that has been hurt by the offseason losses, they'll have a much more difficult season. Last year, they averaged winning by like 7 points per game, one of the top margins in the league.

Posse81: I really hope I'm wrong and this is their year. :D Redskins still have too many question marks. It'll take another year for them to be a true threat. Then again, stranger things have happened - they may be unbeatable this season. It's what makes it fun.

Chief: God bless you if you can take WIP. I can only listen for a little while before they drive me up a wall, and I'm a fan.

B. L. Bufford: I'd think Reid would get one more year after this season. You have to admit, at this point, with the given state of the league, the Eagles remain one of the elite teams. It took the Bucs 7 years (?) and a coaching change to get it done. This will be the Eagles fourth year. Reid's a fine coach (except in the NFC Championship game) but I'm still not sure of his GM skills. His record on personnel matters is questionable at best.

I dont think so. I cant help but see that they have gotten worse this offseason. My feelings about McNabb are well known and dont need to be addressed here. But I dont see how they can expect to be any better than last year. And I think other teams have improved themselves.

Originally posted by SkinzFan007

Don't get me wrong, I'm a true Skins fan but the Eagles are still going to be the team to beat in our division this year.

I think that their defense will be top 5 again is it always is.

Mcnabb is a great quarterback if he stays healthy.

Deuce can be a monster when he'es on. As for a number one receiver, Pinkston is a young guy with a lot of talent. I dont like mitchel but thrash is another good player.

They won the division last year so everyone will be gunning for them. Their out of the Vet thanks god so thats another plus. I foresee us splitting with them but I'd love to beat em twice

I agree with everything but...

Duce is a monster when he is on, but he is only on for about 2 or 3 games a year, he barely finished above 1,000 yards and had less than 4.0 a carry, I think his career average is a 3.6 or so. They need to replace him sooner rather than later, they better hope Buckhalter is back.

Pinkston is a terrible reciever, he isn't tough and he has terrible hands. and don't say Thrash is a good player because he is a Redskin. Thrash finished with less yards on the Eagles this year than he did with the Skins in 2000, and this time he started all 16 games and was the #1 reciever.

Deuce I think is terribly overrated and for about 2 years lived off the reputation of one game when he rushed for 200 yards in the (1999 I think) season opener. He played well last year but doesn't seem to be too reliable. Buckhalter is better, but lets see how he comes back.

Pinkston is ok, he seems to fit the system well.

The Eagles are still the team to beat in our division till someone takes em down. They should be the favorite to win the division and a favorite to make it to the NFC championship game. That doesn't mean however they are going to win the division. The Eagles are not as good as last year. I want an Eagles fan to explain to me how they are the same or better then last year?

Imho they dropped back to the pack this offseason. Our division is a 3 way race this year and will be a four way race next year. And 3 years from now it will be a one horse race and that horse will have a jockey wearing B an G.;)

I dunno. The Eagles didn't really improve themselves. But they were a pretty good team to begin with.

One thing you have to give the Eagles is a certain amount of stability--in the coaching staff and the roster. And I think that stability brings consistancy. They were able to play through some serious injuries last year because they believe in each other, their offensive and defensive systems, and their coaching staff. You have to give ANY team credit for winning as many games as they did with A.J. Feeley at QB.

Don't sell McNabb short. No, I don't think McNabb is a "pure" passer. But I didn't think John Elway was, either, during his first few years in the league. But he has the same kind of physical gifts and flair for improvisation. Make no mistake about it. McNabb is capable of beating you by himself.

Staley is a decent back who's never been the same after his knee injury. But as a Skins fan, I would be wary of Correll Buckhalter coming back from his injury. Since he got injured so early last offseason, he's had a lot of time to rehab it. The kid has potential and could kill you if you don't prepare for him.

As solid as Philly is, its odd how they can't seem to add weapons for McNabb to throw to. I think that's still going to be their achilles heel.

As Tampa Bay showed, you have to be physical with the Eagles. You have to show you can dish it out as well as take it. You can take advantage of their lack of size on the D-line. They got faster, but smaller, by losing Hugh Douglas and adding Jerome McDougle. And you can try to take advantage of their defensive aggressiveness. That's when those draw plays you keep hearing Spurrier talk about come into play.

Offensively, it all starts and ends with McNabb. You have to try and squeeze him. Make him hurry his throws, but still keep him in the pocket. It takes a disciplined pass rush. And I know most of you hate this, but lots of zone coverages. The best way to fluster McNabb is to force him to pick his way down the field. He's still relatively young and likes to use his athletic ability whenever he can. Making him move the ball a little at a time often makes him force throws. Patience is not one of his virtues--yet.

The road to the NFC East crown still goes through Philly. They are definately beat-able, but they're still going to be tough.

Yes led by the accurate arm of Donovan Mcnabb (thats a joke)

And the great recieving abilities of James Thrash and Todd Pinkston.

All i can say is i hope Jerome Mcdougle doesnt have to sit on someones car and get arrested when he has to find a ride to practice. He SOUNDS SO SMART!!!!!

I don't get all the McNabb bashing. I don't think we are talking about another Randall Cunningham.

Did you know that McNabb and John Elway currently have the exact same career completion percentage (56.9) and nearly identical passer ratings (McNabb-79.3 to Elway's 79.9)?

Does anybody here think those numbers are accurate guages to the greatness of John Elway? Would anyone dispute that John Elway was a GREAT quarterback? (By the sarcastic tone, I bet some just might.)

Elway pretty much carried a team to 3 Super Bowl appearances, but didn't have quite enough help to pull off the wins. When he finally got the help he needed, he won two in a row.

Only time will tell if he can achieve as much as Elway did, but McNabb is capable of the same thing. He's that talented. I think it's kind of silly and immature to nit pick and even give erroneous evaluations of the guy.

rightly or wrongly, most NFL fans are not going to respect your program until you win a title :)

that's just the way things are. you can post good numbers and win 10-11 games a season but if you don't make that stand up in the postseason no one cares.................

it's the Marty syndrome. the Chuck Knox syndrome.

always the bridesmaid but never the bride :(

I would take a coach that is here 5 years and gets the team to a Super Bowl win and a couple of playoff appearances along with a couple of 7-9 records over a coach like Marty that has his teams at 10 wins consistently over 15 years but never makes the Big Show :)

The Eagles seemed primed last year. It was really THEIR year.

Overcoming the loss of McNabb to secure homefield and then facing a team in the Bucs the Eagles have OWNED the past several years..............it was all set up for a Hollywood ending......

and then it all fell away................ :(

Archived