Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

a converation w/ Shannon Sharpe @ Joe Mugs

Cskin

Hello all,

Thought you might find this interesting. I live in Atlanta, and earlier today I was in a coffee/magazine shop on Peachtree St. None other than Shannon Sharpe (BAL T.E.) walked in, having recognized him because I used to work out at the same gym he did (offseason) sometime back. And just guess what magazine section he went to upon entering ...yes ... right to the football magazine section. He picked up a copy of "Pro Football Weekly" and an Althon magazine.

Well...I introduced myself, telling him I used to see him at our gym, and congratulated him (through gritted teeth) for their super bowl win. I also asked him a couple of questions.

A) How was minicamp? He said it was good, but that they didn't work to hard.

B)about Elvis Grbac? He said he's "awesome",

and that he had threw "a good pass".

C)about Todd Heap..his eventual replacement?

he said he has "good skills".. and that once he grasped the offense, he was really going to help them.

D)what did he think about their chances of repeating? He said he was sure if they stayed healthy they would have no problem repeating. <He's a rather arrogant individual anyway..so i wouldn't expect anything else>

E) How did he feel about the Redskins? He said..."good team, they beat us last year" and that he felt sure "coach Marty would have them ready to play". Oh... He said that George could play "big" this year, but asked who our back-up was.

F) About Stephen Alexander? He said "they don't throw him the damn ball enough. With this he laughed, and said..."no team throws to the tight end enough". He did say that Alexander could be bigger, and that he gets "nicked" alot.

G) What about the Raven/Redskin rivalry? He said.."different conferences, but because their so close, automatic rivlary. He said..."it's just our turn to shine...and laughed.

Then his cell rang...and I thanked him and left.

Sharpe was a steal for $2 million. He still has good down the field speed and uses all the veteran tricks to get open including pushing off with the inside hand.

He was the Ravens primary receiver and made up for the fact the team didn't have a prime wideout after Taylor went down for the season in camp.

Cool post. He's ****y, but obviously not too arrogant to speak to a fan of his team's rival. I've always kind of liked him even though he's got a big swagger. That faux telephone call on the sidelines to "911" while Denver was visiting NE in '96 I think was freakin' hilarious.

------------------

"Loosen up, Sandy baby. You're just too damn tight!" - John Riggins to Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor

Another "close Encounter" by a Skins fan with an NFL player or coach. Man I love this. Thanks CSkin, for dusting off the "pinch me, is it real" brain cells.

So true on Stephen Alexander on getting nicked. That's why he made the Pro Bowl. In spite of the nicks and downturns he kept pushing and thought team.

Well I get the feeling he's going to write columns for Pro Football Weekly, since he's been a "guest" columnist for other print media. He makes a lot of laughable statements too.

Archived