Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone know....

I was at both of those games. I remember very vividly the Jet game though.

Darrell Green had a pick in the end zone right before the half.

We were clinging to a 4 point lead I believe and running out the clock. The only way we could have lost was to have a repeat of the miracle at the Meadowlands.

Of course, Davis does his part and Aaron Glenn (of all the possible Jets) picks up the ball and starts running clear towards the end zone. Thankfully, the refs ruled he was down before fumbling.

Thank God that bum is no longer a Redskin.

Thanks, all. It looks like the Jets have only beaten us once, by a score of 3-0, back in 12/93. I also find it funny that their last HOF player was John Riggins. A Jet fan I know has been doing some serious Skins bashing, so I've been busy digging up dirt on them. It's a LOT easier than I had thought! :laugh:

I remember going to a Jets/Skins game at RFK when the final score was 3-0 Skins. The worst part was not that nobody did anything on offense, it was that the Jets had a chance to tie the game with a relatively short field goal and the snap hit the holder in the helmet and bounced away. That was truly a game that nobody wanted to win.:puke:

"Thanks, all. It looks like the Jets have only beaten us once, by a score of 3-0, back in 12/93."

Now thats one game that I wish I could forget. One of the ugliest displays of football I have ever witnessed and also when the skins hit rock bottom during Pettibon's first season as coach. 1993, outside of the opening 35-16 victory over the defending champs, the Cowgirls, that season was atrocious to say the least. It signaled unfortunately the beginning of a tough stretch of years for the franchise i.e. the firing of Pettibon, the hiring of Norv Turner, etc, etc. :doh: :doh: :doh:

Archived